Help needed- silver blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
Hi,

Just after a bit of advice re my own hair. Have recently gone from brown to silver blonde, in saying that its not quite reached the exact colour I am after but my hairdresser said it will need one more going over with a toner just to get rid of slight yellow pigment left behind on some hairs. Overall it looks great but I am wondering if there are any toners/products I can use at home to keep up the silvery tones rather than go to the hairdressers every 3 weeks!
At present I am using John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner, its a tone/colour correcting one to take brassiness out of bleached hair. Am also using a deep conditioning mask every few days but my hair surprisingly is pretty much feeling fine and not wrecked at all!

So any hints or product recommendations would be great...:biggrin:

I would recommend Matrix So Silver Shampoo OR Schwarzcopft (sp?) Colour save Silver shampoo, Im using that at the moment!

Have used several other brands but they dont tend to work as strongly as the ones I have mentioned

:)

xxx

Fudge clean blonde violet shampoo is really good but REALLY strong so you dont wanna be leaving it on too long or you'll end up lilac!

Hi,
I use L'Oreal Silver shampoo ( product is bright purple) use this once a fortnight, then normal washing of hair L'Oreal Shine Blonde and conditioner, ( this product is pale purple).
Please note my hair is not the colour in my profile pic, it is very blonde now and nearly as long as in my pic.
Try it, think you will like it. I too get copper tones if not using the shampoo.
Don't leave it on too long as I agree with previous post, you can make your hair a bit lilac, but if you do, it will fade back down after a couple of washes.
It will be something like those mentioned that your hairdresser uses.
You will need to buy from a salon or hairdressing supplies wholesaler. Don't think it can be bought in Boot, but I could be wrong, I always get mine at the salon where my colour is done.
Lotsa luv x x x

Thanks a million for those suggestions, really appreciate that!
Will make a note of them on my phone and pop into my local suppliers, I am due into hairdressers to get a final lift on my hair done then will at least be able to keep it maintained between roots.
Its weird having a completely different colour, even the normal products I use arent working with it too well, actually think for the first time ever I might need a serum!

Anyway, thanks again, you's are all FAB :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back