help needed with sunbed lotion.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gembos

Reaction score
hi all i know some of you are not big on buyin beauty products on ebay BUT i would really appriciate help from you sunbed geeks, In my local salon they have a fantastic all singing all dancing sunbed and an offer on also. the only problem is they are not very good on info so i went in to use the bed and they gave me a token for 9 mins and i frazzled, i spoke to a fello beauty geek and they advised me to get a sunbed cream from there for next time i used it. well low and behold they dont sell it, so i went to local wholesaler and they also have stopped doing it so ebay here i come can anyone advise me on which would be ok for me i am blonde and quite pale i burn and then go brown. but just looking has boggled me. so any advice would be really great thanks and have a good evening geeking.lol

i'm blonde, pale, burn and then go brown and i only go on sunbeds for 6 minutes at a time MAX (normally 3 minutes), using Sexy U tanning enhancer, if i had 9 minutes i think i would frazzle too!!! maybe go on the sunbed for less minutes next time? 9 minutes is recommended for people who tan well with darker skin types.

You need to do at least 3 min sessions first
then move up to doing 6 Min's, once you are a nice healthy colour you can then try doing 9 Min's but if you feel your skin start to tingle at any point step out of the sunbed hun, if you feel it tingle it is starting to burn you,
they are safe enough when used correctly,
you must not exceed 90 sessions in 12 months,
sun bed lotions come in lots of variety,
you need to start with one that helps to build your base colour, classed as no1
then you can move onto the next stage that helps gain a deeper tan,
there are other more intense stages but with your skin i would stick to these two,
don't use a lotion that says warming or tingle these are too much for your skin type,
hth if you need any more info hun give me a shout :hug:

You need to do at least 3 min sessions first
then move up to doing 6 Min's, once you are a nice healthy colour you can then try doing 9 Min's but if you feel your skin start to tingle at any point step out of the sunbed hun, if you feel it tingle it is starting to burn you,
they are safe enough when used correctly,
you must not exceed 90 sessions in 12 months,
sun bed lotions come in lots of variety,
you need to start with one that helps to build your base colour, classed as no1
then you can move onto the next stage that helps gain a deeper tan,
there are other more intense stages but with your skin i would stick to these two,
don't use a lotion that says warming or tingle these are too much for your skin type,
hth if you need any more info hun give me a shout :hug:

louise, can i just ask why you must not exceed 90 sessions in 12 months?
this is purely as im nosey !!

Because if you do anymore than this you are risking the health of your skin hun,
it is a recommendation by the sunbed authority (cant remember their name) hth

thankyou , i will remember that to tell my spray tan clients thanks hunny xxx

Well if you are pale and blonde and im going to sound like a moaning minnie and say you probably shouldnt be having a sunbed at all.

Latest posts

Back