Help please-eyelash extension problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Below is an email I received from a client today...I applied half set eyelash extensions last Friday...she mentioned she felt something in her eye but I could not find anything and she said she was ok...she is coming into me tomorrow just need your
expert opinion please of what I need to look for and what I might have done wrong😓

'Hi Jan do you remember i told you that when i was leaving you, i told you
that i could feel something in my left eye?
well that has persisted ever since and its really bothering me. i have
no idea what it is.
when i look inside the eye itself i can't see anything wrong but my
eye is itchy, watering and very irritated. although i can't see
anything wrong it [feels] as though there is glue or eyelash stuck to
my inner eyelid?

the right eye is absolutely perfect and i have no unusual feeling
there and i know that thats what the left eye should feel like.
perhaps i need to have it redone? either way i need to have the lashes
taken out as its really uncomfortable. should YOU do this or can i
just take them off myself with some oil based make up remover?'

I have been applying eyelash extensions for about 10 months and this has never happened before...
Thank you
Jan xxx

Take them off ASAP. There could be an eyelash poking in her eye or something. This could easily lead to an infection and you don't want it. Best way to find out what it is is to get her in lay her down and take a really good look. X

Could be that one of the lashes closest to the lid has been applied just resting slightly on the inner eye, its not something that you can always see, she may have a sty or something starting or its possible that a tiny fibre from the tape/pad has got stuck in the glue and is irritating the eye, TBH what ever it is, I would just remove the lashes from both eyes and advise her to use an eye wash....these things happen I guess!!
xxxx

Thank you...if I remove do I give her a refund?

Anyone please?

Did you get any stickies ? You might have one from the bottom caught on to the extension, if you look from the side you might be able to see it ;)

Thank you for the replies.....as this has never happened me before would anyone advise if I remove this clients lashes tomorrow do I give a refund? I think yes but would appreciate opinions please xxx

It could be that she is allergic to the glue. Sometimes only one eye reacts and the symptoms sound like it. Def take them off. If you did a glue test and explained that if there is a mild reaction to the glue that doesn't flair up when only a few are applied for the glue test it could happen after they are all applied as theres lots more glue on the lashes then you don't need to refund, but if this wasn't explained first then you should giver her one.

She signed a lengthy consent form....but I'll prob give her money back😓

I'm not a skin geek, but I would probably not refund. If you take them off for free, and apologise. If you do other beauty services, I'd give her a £10 off voucher.

BUT don't forget you've still spent your time and used your product to carry out the service in good faith. You didn't deliberately set out for her to have a bad eyelash experience, so I wouldn't lose money as well.

Apologise, remove and offer £10 or 10% off another treatment.

Good luck x

I haven't had to experience this situation yet. Hopefully I wont, but you cant guarantee eyelash extensions will be for everyone. By the way, was she a first time client?

If it was me, i'm not sure i would give her the full amount of money back. She said she felt something but was ok and happy with the treatment at the time. You used your product and time and would then also be removing them too. So maybe take a little money off for your time of application and the removal and refund her whats left. If that makes sense?
Now if you failed to do a patch test, or injured her during the treatment (with tweezers or something) then of course you should give back a full refund. But as this wasn't the case, a FULL refund possibly isn't necessary.

I did a set of lashes on a friend a while bk and she was fie wen she left absolutely loved them then the next day she sed the same as ur client cud feel something in her eye. She said she looked but couldn't see anything and I was going to visit but when she had her sister look it was a teeny tiny lash that had got stuck under her eyelid!
I would say its probably the same with ur client.
I wouldn't give a refund as this could be seen as admitting fault if she does want to take it further.
As others have said you still used your time and product so offer her half price treatment as a good will gesture.
Hth xxx

Turns out a small baby lash was sticking in under her eyelid which had been next to a lash that had an extension..The extension had kind of pushed the natural lash under lid...I removed the extension and she said it was much improved and she wanted to keep lashes on...she will let me know in 24 hrs how the eyes are....I think all is ok...phew....I was so nervous before she came...another learning experience
Thank you everyone for the advice...this site is invaluable xxxx

Glad you didn't need to remove them all. Was it really hard spotting the lash?

Glad you didn't need to remove them all. Was it really hard spotting the lash?

Thank you...not hard when she was lying down and I had the mag lamp on her...spotted it immediately xxx

Ahh ok :) Glad it worked out for you!

Turns out a small baby lash was sticking in under her eyelid which had been next to a lash that had an extension..The extension had kind of pushed the natural lash under lid...I removed the extension and she said it was much improved and she wanted to keep lashes on...she will let me know in 24 hrs how the eyes are....I think all is ok...phew....I was so nervous before she came...another learning experience
Thank you everyone for the advice...this site is invaluable xxxx

Don't you just hate when you get a call like that? Thank goodness it all worked out so that your client gets to keep her lashes and you get to keep your reputation in her eyes. That is awesome news!

I'm really glad it worked out for you and that your client is happy.

Personally, I wouldn't have let the client leave if she said she could feel something irritating her eye.

I would have had to resolve this before she left to ensure everything was OK and to put my own mind at rest. x

I'm really glad it worked out for you and that your client is happy.

Personally, I wouldn't have let the client leave if she said she could feel something irritating her eye.

I would have had to resolve this before she left to ensure everything was OK and to put my own mind at rest. x

I agree with you totally but to be fair I kept asking her if her eye was still irritating her and she said she was fine...she just wanted to leave with the lashes on....I think...

She also texted me today to say all was good and thanked me for resolving the problem...which was really nice...I always take the positives out of any situation and learn by the negatives..xxx

Latest posts

Back