Help - please - master Qualification on Monday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi
I have my master qualification on Monday in Loughton.

I have been practicising with my new brust Miss Ultra Sculptor because Mrs Pro-styler seems to be causing me problems. I think I will end up using both brushes however.

Are there any pointers that I need to take into consideration because I am feeling rather nervous now. I am re-reading my foundation notes which all make sense.

it is the application that is getting me down. I have followed all the brush position tutorials from Geeg and looked at all tutorials about bead placement, smile lines etc etc.

I don't want to fail but I feel that I am going to make a complete pigs ear of what I need to be assessed on.

If anyone has anything to tell me about the day and what I should or should not do - I bet I have some bad habits that I don't even realise although I do try to do everything right.

Please help me with some idea of what I need to remember on the day??????

Many thanks

I do know that you have to make sure your table set up is spot on and to use company red polish, dont be nervous all you have to do is do what you have been doing doing, treat it as a learning curve, if at 1st you dont suceed you will get feedback and know where you need to improve but im sure it is just nerves and you will be fine
good luck
x

Unfortunately I haven't experienced my masters yet, though thinking about it, but I do understand you are feeling nervous. However, although I can't be very contructive on this one, all I can say is..........stay cool and just think about what you're doing, you'll find that most of this is nerves. I'm sure you're quite capable of doing a great set of nails.

Just want to wish you luck for Monday, let us know how you get on.
all the best.
Jules:wink2:

Nickie...I have everything crossed for you, finger, toes...you name it!!!!....Im just thinking tho, it will be me posting a similar thread one day soon! LOL... :Scared:
My thoughts and well wishes for this spesh day are with ya ....Im sure you are gonna do absolutely fine Luv!
:hug:

Oh Nickie! I thought I was panicking! Calm down honey! I am in the same boat and will be there with you on Monday, if that is any consolation. You probably could do with a one-to-one which I am sure would help iron it all out. (Perhaps see if Debs could fit you in - she has really helped me.) Are you going to Loughton tomorrow afternoon to see Doug and Sam. Perhaps if you called Tracy, she (or Lauren) might be able to squeeze a session in for you.

I am sure you are just panicking. I am trying not to. I will just give it my absolute best but if I don't pass, I'll just dust myself off, pick myself up (after getting really pis....), and get a couple of one-to-ones and do it again. You are obviously on top of your theory so perhaps forget about the masters for today and hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow. I know I could really knock myself ill with fretting about it but what is the point. We'll just do our best and hopefully be smiling like Cheshire cats soooooon.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you at Loughton tomorrow xx

Nickie just be calm and do your best that's all you can do. Make sure you don't forget to bring your 'tool's of the trade' with you. You are doing the right thing by reading through your foundation course notes.

You won't make a pig ear of it, you'll do just fine and try to enjoy it I know I did totally enjoyed mine yesterday in Oxford with Amanda (I passed by the way, yipeee :D ).

Christine I've seen your nails, especially your sculpting, they are fantastic you have no worries on the practical side.

Good luck to you both.

Hi Nickie,

I am doing the MQD at Loughton on Monday too, good luck hopefully we will all pass and there will be 3 new Master Geeks.

P.S. Sorry for the bad news but I don't think Tracey or Lauren work at the academy on Fridays at the moment.

Sarah

A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU DEE - Go Girl Go!!!!

Hi all

just thought id wish you all luck now as i may be too shy to introduce myself at Loughton on Monday ! Im too chicken to complete my Masters just yet ! Im modelling for Nicki though and cant wait to see all your nails

Have to get my gloves at the ready as i hate going naked !

Best wishes and good luck all - sure you wont need it

kx

NailNovice2 said:
A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU DEE - Go Girl Go!!!!

Aw thanks Christine.

Good luck to all those taking their Masters on Monday - keeping my fingers crossed for you guys :hug:

I passed my masters about 2 weeks ago - boy was I nervous!
No, seriously, chill, don't worry - you know you can do it!

Did you do your pre-masters ? - this was invaluable!

Don't wipe your brush in a tissue under your nose!
Sculpt with your brush, not with your file!
I found my foundation course notes a must read - esp which tips are what and their differences.

Also, try and remember how you would approach enhancements on one who had hooked nails for instance? a nail bitier? MSDS details aswell..?

Try and stay with one brush, I used the larger ultra sculptor, make your beads not too big, if it is not right in your bead pick-up discard it!

You know you can do it - Be confident!

HI all
Thanks for all the replies. Have tried Ms Ultra Sculptor and seems to work in the same way as Mrs Pro Styler so the problem is probably mine and not theirs - bad news!!!

Sods law though - I don't have any rebalances or new sets to do between now and Monday so I will just have to wing it as much as I can. I don't have all of the table set up as I did my foundation with Liza Smith and so long as the table was set up cleanly and logically, there was not table set up. However, even when I did my pre-master courses, this was not mentioned to me. Jacky C however has sent me a list and I am only missing a few things so I will have to get out Charlie Credit card - yet again!!!

I am just feeling that perhaps I am still not ready - but what the heck, I am going for it.

Best wishes to all going to Loughton on Monday and thanks to Karren for agreeing to be my model!

Toodle pip!!!

Nicki what are you missing mate - maybe i could bring it with me - save you some pennies !
pm me hun with addy and i'll see what i can do - i have tonnes of stuff !:o

kx

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited said:
HI all
Thanks for all the replies. Have tried Ms Ultra Sculptor and seems to work in the same way as Mrs Pro Styler so the problem is probably mine and not theirs - bad news!!!

Sods law though - I don't have any rebalances or new sets to do between now and Monday so I will just have to wing it as much as I can. I don't have all of the table set up as I did my foundation with Liza Smith and so long as the table was set up cleanly and logically, there was not table set up. However, even when I did my pre-master courses, this was not mentioned to me. Jacky C however has sent me a list and I am only missing a few things so I will have to get out Charlie Credit card - yet again!!!

I am just feeling that perhaps I am still not ready - but what the heck, I am going for it.

Best wishes to all going to Loughton on Monday and thanks to Karren for agreeing to be my model!

Toodle pip!!!

Hi Nickie and Christine,

are you glad it all over now, we just have the nervous wait for the results. It was great meeting you both and Karren.

Good luck and P.S. I thought you both did fab nails,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, good to meet you too hun and your mum ! who is fab by the way - you are so lucky having her advertising your fab nails for you !

best wishes waiting for your results - shame its so long before you find out but im sure it will be worth the wait

It was a good day, though very long and tiring with the travelling, but great meeting some more geeks and the guys at Essex One Stop Shop were extremely helpful too

kx

Sarwaa said:
Hi Nickie and Christine,

are you glad it all over now, we just have the nervous wait for the results. It was great meeting you both and Karren.

Good luck and P.S. I thought you both did fab nails,

Sarah

Yes it is a relief the day is over, although it was great to see all you Geeks. As Karren said, your mum is terrific and your nails were great. It is a bit of a drag waiting to find out if we pass but all good things are worth waitng for (fingers crossed). Thanks to Dilek too for being my poor, patient model putting up with me. Now it will Be Debs turn on Thursday for my final NVQ Unit 19 assessment - ho! ho! Will let you all know as soon as I hear from Loughton xx

Can't wait for the results either, I bet you girls did just fab..............I am putting the drinks in the fridge ready for the announcement........

Keeping it all crossed for ya xxxx

Hi

Thanks to Karren for being my patient model on Monday. Thanks to Christine and Sarah and Karren and Ruth for the moral support - very much appreciated!

I was a little cross as there were a few questions in the written test to which I had no information or notes in either my four day foundation or masters workshop notes - so I just had to make wild (but hopefully correct) guesses. I have been throught my notes over and again since Monday, and some questions in the written test - there just is no information in the notes.

It does seem to me that there is not that there is not much consistency between CND academies when it comes down to the notes given out to technicians either at foundation level or masters level.

I do think that with the new CND academy courses, that all the CND academies should have exactly the same notes/handouts which come from head office so that if a technician has to do classes at different academies whether because they choose to or whether through availability of dates or through necessity, that it does not matter because the notes/handouts are the same - otherwise technicians could be at a disadvantage (like me) when it comes to an exam!!!!

Anyway - grumbles over - I will just have to wait along with the others - which is a little disappointing as other Master Technicians have found out on the day - This is such a shame as I believe our Masters qualification day was the last of its kind from the old system.

Keeping all things possible crossed!!!!

Happy Smile Lines!!

Sorry - that post was a little repetitive and a little grumbling.

Toodle pipettes!

Latest posts

Back