Help please! Tinted eyebrows too dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
At college tonight someone tinted my eyebrows and they are so dark!!! Please tell me there is a way to take the tint off!

I have used peoxide on them neat but that has made no difference at all. x

UNPROFESSIONAL ADVISE: (From a professional!) My tint remover had lemon juice as a main ingredient, you could try that but don't get it in your eyes.:eek: Also I know washing up liquid can strip hair dye! I'm sure someone else has some more sensible advise but you sound desperate! x

I am definately not an expert but our lecturer told us to use baby oil if we accidentally got tint onto the clients skin but not sure if that would work or not.
Eyebrow tint does usually fade quite quickly if thats any consolation, hope you find a solution soon :hug:

If you have facial hair bleach then bleach the colour out and re tint them. Only dont leave the tint on for too long as will take straight away.

Otherwise just wait a day or two and the colour will naturally lighten.

Kate

I dont know if this will work but it is worth a go;

pure Perfume or neat alcohol like Vodka

When I used to have my hair tinted and some got on my face/ears my hairdresser use to say put a bit of perfume (EDP) on it, and it worked.
I think it is because of the alcohol, so if you dont want to waste expensive pefume maybe just try some vodka.

Good luck and let us know if it works! :hug:

I think vosene may lighten it i was told it can be used on head hair if a dye comes out too dark.

As a fellow victim of college tint disasters I also have some unprofessional advice. I was platinum blonde at the time with blue black eyebrows:eek:

I used a cleanser with benzoyl peroxide in it, Clean & Clear was the brand, something like proactive. I scrubbed at my eyebrows with this on a washer and it lightened them considerably. After I did this they were back to normal in about a week.

I know we aren't supposed to recommend these products on salon geek, but they did work for me in this situation.

Latest posts

Back