Help, polish bubbling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolate angel

Reaction score
peace ya'll--
i have one client who's natural nails are bubbling no matter what i do. i use new polish ,new topcoat (OPI) i've also used creative's super shiney & airdry and tt zcoat. the suite i do nails in is 12X12--sometimes it's warm in here..sometimes it isn't. sometime the door is shut, sometimes open. but her nails always bubble! all of my other natural clients nails don't bubble..any suggestions?

What is your prep, my niece could keep nail polish on then I ask for help on here. Try scrubfresh before you put the basecoat on, it worked for my niece.

The one thing I would advise is to NOT shake your enamel bottle... roll it between your palms to mix the enamel prior to application, also, make sure the nails are TOTALLY oil free before applying the enamel, use a dehydrator such a ScrubFresh before using your enamel. When your clients touch their face/hair etc they're transferring oils from their face/hair on to their nails, this can result in bubbling polish!

The one thing I would advise is to NOT shake your enamel bottle... roll it between your palms to mix the enamel prior to application, also, make sure the nails are TOTALLY oil free before applying the enamel, use a dehydrator such a ScrubFresh before using your enamel. When your clients touch their face/hair etc they're transferring oils from their face/hair on to their nails, this can result in bubbling polish!
Great advice Sandi, and it is the advice I found on here that helped with my bubbling nail polish problem.

Your client could be prone to having very oily nails which is why extra care with degreasing would be advised. I also recommend that one always use a reputable and top quality base, colour and top coat. Cheaper polishes tend to bubble as do thicker ones.

these are the best advice you can get.

we always recommand that to our clients who use OPI, roll the bottle. if you shake it, especially the top or base coat, you'll get bubbles, and they'll be on the nail too.

sometimes (often) if you put a fast drying topcoat on polish it can cause it to bubble/wrinkle, thats because it is drying the polish too fast. And keep them away from heat (this can also cause bubbling).

Use a topcoat that goes with your polish range (some other brands may not work with your current polish).

Hi. I have the exact same problem with a new client. I am not new to nails so not worried about how I apply etc. The client said she had had problems with shellac before and did not know what she meant until I saw with my own eyes. When I apply the shellac and cure, the product immediately shrinks back and goes all bumpy and inconsistant. It is not my products as this is my most poplular treatment. I removed the shellac and out of interest applied a base coat of normal polish and exactly the same thing happened. Can anyone else advise whether they have experienced something similar.

Thank you.

This is a thread from 2008, before shellac was even invented,and is about normal polish.

I would have moved your post to start another thread Gray but the way it is worded it isn't a standalone post.

I am closing this though as it is too confusing with the old polish posts from 2008 therefore you could maybe start anew thread on the Nail Forum regarding your problems with shrinkage and wrinkling of Shellac....cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back