HELP..Sensitive skin and waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misssiesta

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
recently i had a new client for half leg wax.She a sensitive skin type but had waxing before but a long time ago.During the treatment she did go red (VERY RED ).Just in random patches on one leg.After a discussion we both decided to carry on and finish treatment.As the other leg completely fine.I did patch test to start and also checked temp on myself and client.She booked again and its happened again.This time it was the other leg and she had one area that went really red and was hot to the touch almost ike a burn.IT DEFINATELY NOT A BURN.As again checked temperature on both myself and client.She not on any medication she informs me ,however says she can be sensitive to certain creams.WHATS HAPPENING.This is not right .I didnt charge her as it really looked sore.This has never happened to me before and to my amazment she has booked again.But on sleeping on it i really dont want to do it as it just makes me anxious.Please help...

Some people do jut have sensative skin, How quickly after the waxing does the redness go away?

Is is before or after you apply the after lotion?( my friend reacts to the after lotion so put it on and wipe it stright off again with water which sems to work and help) have you tried another type of wax for more sensative skin?

Don't let it put you off as she is coming back to you so can not be that bad for her and I would imagine that the redness doesn't last that long if she is coming back and continuing to get waxed. Might also be her time of the month as you can be more sensative then too.

I am sure someone with more experience will come along soon just some thought from me.

Cath
x

Think back. On the areas that were really red, did you go over several times? Was your strip loaded with wax?

Apply your wax as thinly and as warm as possible.

Stretch the skin when you apply and stretch when you remove.

If your strip is loaded with wax, it will stick to the skin more and won't release from the skin as easily, so can bruise fleshy areas or cause redness.

Hats off to you for caring enough to ask for help. xxx

Sometimes poeple just have a reaction to things. Try Ausralian body care tea tree wax it's the best for cleints that have radom break outs. And cleints that have sensitive skin or strong hair growths.:)

Sometimes poeple just have a reaction to things. Try Ausralian body care tea tree wax it's the best for cleints that have radom break outs. And cleints that have sensitive skin or strong hair growths.:)

Here, here! I have sensitive skin and the only wax that doesn't irritate my skin is Australian body care tea tree wax. I was put off waxing for life until someone recommended this to me. It doesn't irritate my skin at all :hug: x

Just out of interest what wax did you use and was she on any meds?

Had she been waxed before and this happen?

I use tea tree creme wax too.

Perfect for sensitive skin and i even have people seeking me out who have never heard of me, calling all local salons to find one that uses tea tree wax.

Has this happened to her in other salons or did she not have this done before?

sounds like my skin when i am waxed (rarely have it done due to the reaction) . does she have polycystic ovaries by any chance? I know this may be a long shot, but i have polycystic ovaries, and endometriosis and so does one of my waxing clients and she displays very similar reactions to me.

I may be way way off here, but i thought i would mention it.

tigi

Latest posts

Back