Help spray tan gone green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIKKIP75

Reaction score
Hi there totally brand new to this site so this is my first thread.... how exciting!!!!!Ive been mobile spray tanning for 3months now currently using Sienna but had a client the other day who phoned me about an hour after her tan saying her legs,ankles and in between her chest was going green?????????!!!!!!!!!!! I did client cons with her and she had not used any bodylotions or deodrant on the day of tan so what could have caused this and whats the best advice to give to someone if this happens again????????????:confused:

Hi there totally brand new to this site so this is my first thread.... how exciting!!!!!Ive been mobile spray tanning for 3months now currently using Sienna but had a client the other day who phoned me about an hour after her tan saying her legs,ankles and in between her chest was going green?????????!!!!!!!!!!! I did client cons with her and she had not used any bodylotions or deodrant on the day of tan so what could have caused this and whats the best advice to give to someone if this happens again????????????:confused:

Hiya
She would have been wearing some body lotion, perfume or didn't wash shower gel off properly - however this would only affect the guide colour once she washes that off she should be a good colour underneath x x

I had this prob but on myself lol last wk wen it was really really warm i got my colleage to spray me an by the time i got home my legs an stomach had gone a greenish colour i was very warm and was sweatin so i had to just shower it all off!!!!! x:green:

How spooky!! I was going to put a post on about the exact same thing!!

had a lady that I sprayed yesterday that went green on her stomach, belly, between boobs and under arms but she swears she didnt put any deodorant on at all :eek: :eek:

I advised her to wash it off which she did as it had been 8 hours anyway and the green disappeared.

The reason I was going to post was that I have just returned from a spray party and the solution was going green on the couch roll! Leaving a bright green ring around the solution on the couch roll where I had tested it??

I changed solution for a darker shade and sprayed the last of the previous solution out onto couch roll and it actually sprayed out green!!! :eek: I have only had it a few weeks so it shouldnt have gone off?? I always store it in a dark cupboard but not in the fridge, do you think this could be the problem? never experienced it in the past 4 years! :irked:

Anyone else get a green ring with Sienna?

I have Sienna X spray tans, and if it is really hot and I am sweaty, I go green, but it washes off the next day and the tan still looks fab!

How spooky!! I was going to put a post on about the exact same thing!!

had a lady that I sprayed yesterday that went green on her stomach, belly, between boobs and under arms but she swears she didnt put any deodorant on at all :eek: :eek:

I advised her to wash it off which she did as it had been 8 hours anyway and the green disappeared.

The reason I was going to post was that I have just returned from a spray party and the solution was going green on the couch roll! Leaving a bright green ring around the solution on the couch roll where I had tested it??

I changed solution for a darker shade and sprayed the last of the previous solution out onto couch roll and it actually sprayed out green!!! :eek: I have only had it a few weeks so it shouldnt have gone off?? I always store it in a dark cupboard but not in the fridge, do you think this could be the problem? never experienced it in the past 4 years! :irked:

Anyone else get a green ring with Sienna?
Gosh :eek:! i have had the same problem!! my other solutions 'other brand' doesn't have this problem, recently bought sienna x 10% Dha and this solution looks green also inside my cup!! luckely no clients have complained as yet but now not sure if i want to use it, maybe sienna have had bad batches and we should probably ring up and tell them and maybe ask for a replacement as i don't want complaints.

Ladies, its really really humid and we are taking are poor solutions from hot to cold to hot again which they hate!

Get yourselves a small cool box or bag and keep them in there in your car during the day!

I have to admit I kept forgetting to do it although solutions have been ok. Some are just more tempremental than others.

For the price of a cool box it will save you throwing £60's worth of solution away.

Green and orange patches often occur from the PH of the skin being off, or from deodorants and perfumes as you all know.

Every solution reacts differently to different things. If the client is a bit hot and sweaty use your Pre spray neutralisers to neutralise the sweat on the body first.

The green always washes off!

If they go yellow/orange on their legs I can tell you its often down to using hair removal cream. Its nasty stuff!

Yes, but my solution is green before it even touches their body? :eek: I dont keep it in the car all day either, it is in a dark cupboard in my kitchen until I need to take it out, and it goes back in there after I finish...

green can mean the following -
deodarent/perfume
ph of the skin
storge of the soluttion in direct sunlight
out of date as you should always check or a mix of them all..... its not good when ya go in for a bronzed look and come out like the hulk but the client should be assured it hapens and not to worry it will wash off :)

Sounds like a bad batch to me, think you should all contact your supplier.

Hi,
Most, if not all tanning solutions are made up with green. This is perfectly normal. If you get some tissue and dip it in there will be a green outline present. If it leaves green areas on your client then it will be that the client has used some perfumed soap or not washed something off properly that they have used that is highly perfumed. I once sprayed a client and she was as green as green could be from head to toe. She had used Johnsons tanning cream, she said she hadnt but her aunty told me that she had, because she had applied it!! At times clients may tell fibs!! lol. I also use Xen tan and i find that this looks pretty green when sprayed on a client - in comparison to Siennasol. The end result is always a nice colour though. If your tanning solution is spraying green all over regularly then maybe its time to change solution.
I hope this helps

Janineb
x:)

There is nothing wrong with sienna x tan at all! same thing happned to my clients that week when it was really hot! has nothing to do with the heat of a car etc! mine was kept in a cool place in the salon! just advice your client to leave it alone, and shower the next day and all will be fine!

I hope this helps hun! xx

hi, i was taught if clients turn green,they definately have some kind of body spray,deoderant or purfume on, and if they say no they are usuwlly lieing, but it does wash off.:lol:

hi, i was taught if clients turn green,they definately have some kind of body spray,deoderant or purfume on, and if they say no they are usuwlly lieing, but it does wash off.:lol:

Well, having seen it spray from the cup onto couch roll green makes me think maybe they aren't all lying ;)

Mines just done the same 10% never had this with the 8 or 12. I'm hoping my client doesn't come back tomorrow looking like hulk. It's a new bottle! I'll be contacting sienna in the morning to ask why this is. It's freaky :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mines just done the same 10% never had this with the 8 or 12. I'm hoping my client doesn't come back tomorrow looking like hulk. It's a new bottle! I'll be contacting sienna in the morning to ask why this is. It's freaky :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was the solution itself green and did the initial colour guide appear to be green on the skin.

oh and the green...well its actually blue ...if that is any better :lol::eek:

Latest posts

Back