HELP!!! Tantrick Spray Tan gone wrong, what to do, and am devestated.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainy82

Reaction score
Ok, so I've just tanned my friends girl for dance comp tomorrow in Tantrick 10% Max. It looks really dark, and white patches too! :eek: So...as she's a friend she's in the shower exfoliating it off, they'll stay here for a bit, then I'll re-do it?! What do you think? Any advice? First time I used the 10% Max, and now I think I'll be scared of it forever! Don't want to try anything other than EOS and AG now! :rolleyes:

:cry: xxx

Ok, so I've just tanned my friends girl for dance comp tomorrow in Tantrick 10% Max. It looks really dark, and white patches too! :eek: So...as she's a friend she's in the shower exfoliating it off, they'll stay here for a bit, then I'll re-do it?! What do you think? Any advice? First time I used the 10% Max, and now I think I'll be scared of it forever! Don't want to try anything other than EOS and AG now! :rolleyes:

salt, and citric acid will help bring it off.. rub lemon on it lemon juice and try potato aswell the starch usually brings it off!!

It is dark, but the solution itself wouldn't cause patchiness.Maybe your gun was becoming blocked ,maybe you missed a few bits or maybe your lady had rubbed it off in some way you.Where were her white bits.
It is probably thicker than eos or autumn which are water based so maybe you could have turned your gun up a bit.
I havent had any trouble with it at all i find it very easy to use because it has such a strong guide colour.

Tantrick MAX uses the red spectrum as its base colour and will turn out a DARK tan..we now have a 14% base and an 18% on its way...this solution is definitely for those that want a dark dark tan.
Given that it also has a darker guide colour applying the tan should be much easier.

The patches you refer to are one of two possibilities

Either areas have been missed or the skin has not been prepared sufficiently prior to the application being applied.

There really is no need to rush off to the shower and try and exfoliate a newly applied tan.....simply spray the white areas again and all will be fine.

It is always important to act on the side of caution when using a different solution and don't go spraying a bride the night before her wedding kind of thing.

Just reapply to the areas as mentioned and im sure she will look perfect :hug:

Remember...practice make perfect :hug:

You should have phoned your trainer straight away,
that's what we are there for hunny,
i have had a call today from a panicked sprayer who i trained about a year ago that had given a one off bad spray,
5 mins on phone and plenty of advise has hopefully resolved the minor problem,
i know i wasn't your trainer but we are always there for you all no matter when we trained you :hug:

I spray me nephew all the time and try out any new samples on him. I've sprayed him with tantrick 10%. It was a lot darker than other solutions i have used. He also had white patches. He's never had anything like that happen before and i've sprayed him loads of times. It kinda put me off too. I have 3 other samples of tantrick that i've not wanted to use since but maybe i will give them a try with him cos like has been said, it may have been something he did. I will get round to trying them and maybe i should try them on some other willing guinea pig!
Maybe you could try it on a friend and see if it does the same again.

I spray me nephew all the time and try out any new samples on him. I've sprayed him with tantrick 10%. It was a lot darker than other solutions i have used. He also had white patches. He's never had anything like that happen before and i've sprayed him loads of times. It kinda put me off too. I have 3 other samples of tantrick that i've not wanted to use since but maybe i will give them a try with him cos like has been said, it may have been something he did. I will get round to trying them and maybe i should try them on some other willing guinea pig!
Maybe you could try it on a friend and see if it does the same again.

I dont think it matters what you are using i would say even if you were using the very cheapest worst product ,white patches are not going to be down to the solution.It will be down to the operator,the equipment or the client.

Thanks for all your replies! I re-sprayed her in AG and had no probs. Everything's fine. Think it much just be that the colour guide is so strong, and it freaked me out!!! xx

Thanks for all your replies! I re-sprayed her in AG and had no probs. Everything's fine. Think it much just be that the colour guide is so strong, and it freaked me out!!! xx

Good stuff...but dont you go giving up on the MAX.

You've bought it so when your ready revisit it...choose a med/dark skin type friend/family member and give it another go.
This is really a dark solution so if you are not used to it it is easily to see how you can get all freaked out with it...turn the gun down and on your first application use less solution than you would normally to gain the confidence and then go to the normal amount.

This way im confident you will get good results :hug:

Latest posts

Back