help - varnish chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amia

Reaction score
hello there, this is my first thread ever posted, been having great difficulty keeping nail varnish on clients nails plus my own nails, constant chipping especially free edge,tried different makes of nail varnishes but nothing seems to work,can someone please talk me through polish change, also how long should i expect nail varnish to last on natural nails,(fibromyalgia and dyslexia sufferer)

Things that spring to mind, other than the quality of the nail polish...
Are you squeaking the nails adequately?
And are you capping the free edge with polish?

I personally find that my polish doesn't stay on very long (on myself) but my clients normally get about a week out of a manicure

Hth's

Most of my clients get 2 to 3 wks wear out of their polish but i do a through prep first and use base coat and top coat, i use creative polishes.

Can you fill out your profile in more detail please so we can help you more.

hello there, this is my first thread ever posted, been having great difficulty keeping nail varnish on clients nails plus my own nails, constant chipping especially free edge,tried different makes of nail varnishes but nothing seems to work,can someone please talk me through polish change, also how long should i expect nail varnish to last on natural nails,(fibromyalgia and dyslexia sufferer)
Hi Amia, and welcome. We would really appreciate it if you could fill out your profile please, so that we can learn a bit more about you. This helps us to help you. For example, what training have you had and with whom etc..?

This site is loaded with helpful, knowledgable geeks willing to share their wisdom but it may help to know what products you use and so on. xx

I use OPI products and love their Bondaid which balance the PH of the nail, making the polish adhere better therefore it last longer!!

yes i do squeek the nail plate and i am also capping the free edge with polish
i also use creative polishes and attitude and also nsi so i dnt no what the problem could be.
p.s im not sure if ive typed back in the rite place.:confused:

Things that spring to mind, other than the quality of the nail polish...
Are you squeaking the nails adequately?
And are you capping the free edge with polish?

I personally find that my polish doesn't stay on very long (on myself) but my clients normally get about a week out of a manicure

Hth's

I'm almost ready to take my VTCT pedi assessment> I was surprised and thrilled that 3 of my case studies have come back after 5 weeks with the polish on their toes that I had put on! It's such a shame that hands don't last as long, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back