Help with Brisa UV gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemied

Reaction score
I have recently completed a Brisa Basics and I am having a few problems and wondered if you could all help:

1) I use sculpting white rather than paint on, but on a couple of nails after I have cured and removed the inhibition layer and I am buffing ready for Gloss top coat, there are a couple of round spots of wet white gel. Is this because they have not cured properly or the gel is too thick? I am sure it is not too thick and my lamp is the new CND one and has 96 hours left in the bulbs so I'm not sure whats going wrong.

2) When I paint on Brisa Gloss, then wipe the inhibition layer off, the nails seem to be dull not shiney and sometimes have what look like patches in the gloss even though I have made sure the nails are fully covered. I am using a 180 grit boomerang file before I gloss and brush all of the dust off, but I must be doing something wrong.

Please help xx

I have recently completed a Brisa Basics and I am having a few problems and wondered if you could all help:

1) I use sculpting white rather than paint on, but on a couple of nails after I have cured and removed the inhibition layer and I am buffing ready for Gloss top coat, there are a couple of round spots of wet white gel. Is this because they have not cured properly or the gel is too thick? I am sure it is not too thick and my lamp is the new CND one and has 96 hours left in the bulbs so I'm not sure whats going wrong.

2) When I paint on Brisa Gloss, then wipe the inhibition layer off, the nails seem to be dull not shiney and sometimes have what look like patches in the gloss even though I have made sure the nails are fully covered. I am using a 180 grit boomerang file before I gloss and brush all of the dust off, but I must be doing something wrong.

Please help xx

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. This is a curing problem for sure.

Have you looked inside your lamp when it is on to check that every bulb is functioning and pushed in securely? It sounds as if one or two of them are not.

Do that first and let us know. From where you are sitting, it can look as if all bulbs are working when in fact one may be loose and not lit.

Do this and come back to let me know.

I have just tested the lamp and you are right the top 2 bulbs were loose and not lit!! I am rebalancing my neice's nails later, will let you know how it goes, thanks so much xx

I have just tested the lamp and you are right the top 2 bulbs were loose and not lit!! I am rebalancing my neice's nails later, will let you know how it goes, thanks so much xx

Course I'm right!! :lol: I'm sure all will go perfectly now. :hug:

Please help xx

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but are you usinf clear tips. I was always told that white needs to be cured all the way through so clear tips are needed. Just an idea. Ax

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but are you usinf clear tips. I was always told that white needs to be cured all the way through so clear tips are needed. Just an idea. Ax
I think we have sorted the problem. Thanks for helping.

Latest posts

Back