Help with CND Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi All

Im sure that someone can give me some sound advice regarding CND Brisa Gel. Im having a few problems and very disheartened and dont know what to do next. I apologise for the long thread.

I have recently done a natural nail overlay on a friend who I charged a discount rate, just because she is a very good friend. However after 2 days she chipped the corner and I had to do a repair for her. Now she has text me 4 days later saying they all lifted and have now cme off in whole. She is a good friend of mine and would not lie to me. She thinks she is no longer suitable for gel, however before when she had gel she lasted well with gel which was about a year and half ago. I am wondering if I have done something wrong, could someone please check for me.

I applied cnd cuticle away, removed cuticle. Client washed hands thoroughly and dried hands.
removed shine with koala buffer
Scrubfresh
brisa bond
1 thin lock in layer of gel, cured for 2 mins
1 thicker layer of gel, building a slight apex, cured for 2 mins
1 thin layer of gel, cured for 2 mins
wipe off tacky layer
buff and shaped
d'sperse to get rid of dust
1 thin layer of glaze and go, cured for 90 sec
cuticle oil

Now the only thing that I can think is have I not buffed the nail enough, is a koala ok as I hate to buff the nails too much or
Is my gel too old, would this cause a problem. I have probably had it about 1.5 to 2 years, as I dont do many gel nails, most of my clients now have shellac. It is kept in a dry cool place, can the brisa bond go funny. I am using a new cnd lamp so its not that. I need to get to the bottom of this. Also I know I used glaze and go but I always thought that this was ok. My brisa gloss looked a bit cloudy, is this normal or has it gone funny. I hope that someone can help me. I wondering if I need to go and retrain again, although I trained in gel and have watched loads of videos. Many thanks. Abi

Now the only thing that I can think is have I not buffed the nail enough, is a koala ok as I hate to buff the nails too much or
Is my gel too old, would this cause a problem. I have probably had it about 1.5 to 2 years, as I dont do many gel nails, most of my clients now have shellac. It is kept in a dry cool place, can the brisa bond go funny. I am using a new cnd lamp so its not that. I need to get to the bottom of this. Also I know I used glaze and go but I always thought that this was ok. My brisa gloss looked a bit cloudy, is this normal or has it gone funny. I hope that someone can help me. I wondering if I need to go and retrain again, although I trained in gel and have watched loads of videos. Many thanks. Abi

How often do you use your Brisa? Have you only used it on this one friend or is this a recurring problem?

After 2 years, Brisa Bond can go 'funny' and in fact since you bought that, it has been improved and is a new Brisa Bond.

The gel should be OK but I really can't say how it has been kept. If your Brisa things are not looking in such good shape then I'd say you need to renew your products after 2 years. Finishing Gloss cloudy! Brisa Bond funny! Nails peeling off ... I would say something is telling you that you are not using the best you can be using in terms of old product. I think it is obvious you do not need new training you need fresh product.

During PREP you only need to use the Koala very lightly as with any other CND enhancment or a 240 grit abrasive.

How often do you use your Brisa? Have you only used it on this one friend or is this a recurring problem?

After 2 years, Brisa Bond can go 'funny' and in fact since you bought that, it has been improved and is a new Brisa Bond.

The gel should be OK but I really can't say how it has been kept. If your Brisa things are not looking in such good shape then I'd say you need to renew your products after 2 years. Finishing Gloss cloudy! Brisa Bond funny! Nails peeling off ... I would say something is telling you that you are not using the best you can be using in terms of old product. I think it is obvious you do not need new training you need fresh product.

During PREP you only need to use the Koala very lightly as with any other CND enhancment or a 240 grit abrasive.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I did wonder, I have done a few gels before but dont for about a year as most people have acrylic or shellac. Infact I have convereted most of my clients to shellac but this is not suitable for all, so needed to use brisa on a client that has several splits. Think I will buy a new kit and see how I go. The only other thing is I dont remember how to srcub the gel into the nail which I have heard you need to do, I trained 3-4 years ago inn brisa. Does this have to be done for it to adhere probably, I normally put the first thin layer on and press a little harder but not necessarily scrubbing. Would love to see a video of the scrubbing, everyone I have seen no one seems to do this. Thanks. Abi

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I did wonder, I have done a few gels before but dont for about a year as most people have acrylic or shellac. Infact I have convereted most of my clients to shellac but this is not suitable for all, so needed to use brisa on a client that has several splits. Think I will buy a new kit and see how I go. The only other thing is I dont remember how to srcub the gel into the nail which I have heard you need to do, I trained 3-4 years ago inn brisa. Does this have to be done for it to adhere probably, I normally put the first thin layer on and press a little harder but not necessarily scrubbing. Would love to see a video of the scrubbing, everyone I have seen no one seems to do this. Thanks. Abi

Although I have used the word, I don't actually like the word 'scrub' lol

Some people do apply the first thin layer of Brisa and 'work' it onto the surface by pressing firmly with each stroke so that they have made firm contact all over the surface .. some apply the irst bead in lots of little swirly movements (hence the term 'scrubing') before they do a final smooth before curing.

What ever you choose to call it, all it means in the end is that you make sure the first thin layer has made a good contact before final smoothing and then curing; I'm sure if you do that, no matter what term you prefer to call it, you will be just fine with Brisa. It is an easy product to use and there is no mystery to applying it. I have always applied any gel I have used in the same way.

How did you get on, I'm having this problem and now using gelish bond as the brisa bond isn't working. How do I know if my bond is old (it's newly purchased)

The OP wrote this thread nearly 6 years ago so it's unlikely you'll get a response :)

Why do you think your brisa bond isn't working , are you experiencing service breakdown?

I hadn't looked at the date. The nails keep lifting. In the interim I've been using a gelish bond with brisa that is working

I had a similar problem last year after, I rang sweet squared after speaking to an educator and it turns out that they had a bad batch of bond.
If you've checked all your PREP is correct and that there has been no change with the client then I would get in touch with either your educator or sweet squared directly :)

Much appreciated, thanks

That's very strange, if you send it back to sweet squared and get them to test it they will let you know.

Has your service breakdown been only recently though? There may be something else that's causing lifting.

How long do your clients go in between rebalances?

What grit file do you use to rebalance?

I'm new to the product so just testing it out on myself. The lifting appears instantly and gets worse. I used my gelish bond with the brisa gel and have no problems with that but obviously annoyed since I've paid for the product which does not appear to work I've contacted cnd and the supplier

Latest posts

Back