Help with eyebrow tint tonight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
Hi, I'd welcome some advice on following.

I have a client booked in tonight for an eyebrow tint. She has white hair and dark grey eyebrows.

I've tinted them before for her using a grey/charcoal tint which I applied several times but to be honest wasn't that happy with the result. There wasn't much difference. I think this is due to the fact that the tint I used doesn't go as deep as her own colour.

I'm considering trying brown this evening instead as they need to go darker, or maybe grey and brown mixed? I don't often mix tint colours so not sure. Really want to do a good job for her!

I know it's difficult to comment without seeing the client but any help much appreciated.
Thanksx

Hi,for someone with grey hairs in eyebrows I leave on for alot longer....if I havent done the client before I would hesitate in mixing colours as you dont know what colour their natural head colour is.

Try leaving the colour you choose on for 5min then wiping off.....you can always reapply....it is a case of learning as you go along.

...but I wouldnt mix the colours esp if she is a new client if its not the look shes after she wont come back and may end up looking like aunt sally!!

Last edited:
thanks teresac, aunt sally, oh no!!
I suppose the dilemma I have is in choosing the colour, grey and leave on for longer or brown and remove after short time.
Anyone?

What colour is the hair on her head,
if it is a darkish colour then you will get away with brown but it take it off to check the colour and reapply if need be,
if her hair is light or grey stick with the grey tint hun, hth

You should match the colour to her hair, so don't use grey if she has brown hair.

Apply your tint and leave for 1 min and wipe off. Too light? Apply for another 45 secs and wipe off. Need some more? Apply for another 30 secs and wipe off.

Whiet brows don't tint very well so if it's only a couple, take them out. xxx

if the brows are very grey / white I pre soften the hairs. Just apply peroxide to the brows for a minute or two then proceed with your normal tinting, this will just help the tint to take better.

if the brows are very grey / white I pre soften the hairs. Just apply peroxide to the brows for a minute or two then proceed with your normal tinting, this will just help the tint to take better.

Just peroxide on it's own? What strength KL? xxx

Just peroxide on it's own? What strength KL? xxx

Just 3% like you would normally use. I would normally put it in my dappen dish, then apply it with my finger (cotton bud soaks it up to much!!) then leave it on while im mixing the tint. You dont need to wipe it off or anthing, just apply your tint over it. x

Great. Thanks for that tip. xx

Great tips everyone, thanks so much! I have found this client tricky as the hair on head is pure white and brows are dark grey. I used brown in the end which I left on for one minute and it actually looked really nice, just defined them nicely. I then shaped them and she was pleased with the result. Thanks again! x

Im pleased you got a good result

Latest posts

Back