Help with french polish please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carriechatwin

Reaction score
Hi there,

Could someone give me dome advice please?I am doing a french polish tomorrow on natural nails,lady has got a posh do to go to,I havent done a french polish for a while and can not remember whether you put the white on first then the pink or vice versa,also want it to be perfect as she has this do to go to and i have never done this lady before so want to make a good impression.please help!xx:confused:

its down to personal choice here, if you put the white on first with a very soft pink over, you get a softer look (which is my preference) if you put the pink on first and then the white its a very bright look and there is no room for error as you cannot correct your white if you need to, without removing the pink:)

i use a base coat, then the tip, a sheer color over the top, then a topcoat.
I thought when painting natural nails you should "always" use a base coat.
There's a clip on my webpage Nail Zoo Video Page

i always white then pink also i find the orly mini bottles have a better brush for doing a french. also i use a iriedcent over the top instead of a pink if the client has white marks on the nail it disguises then

I'm like Jac on this. I love a gorgeous soft pink finish over the white.

White first, pink second ... a softer and natural look.

Here's a couple of pics of a French Mani which I did icluding soft pink over the white. My clients usually decline the pink until I show them and then 9 times out of 10, they go for it. It is lovely for brides :green: xx

Attachments

• Nail Geek pic 3.jpg
    Nail Geek pic 3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 103
  • nail geek pic2.jpg
    nail geek pic2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 120
I do base coat, white pink and topcoat I too prefer the soft pink over the white :)

Love the nails Tracey,you are a very clever lady.I wish i could be this good( i need loads of practice).

Rachel :).

i used to do base, colour, white, colour, top coat but now do base, white, colour, top! Just like everyone else - I guess we must be right as we cant all be wrong!!!

Love the nails Tracey,you are a very clever lady.I wish i could be this good( i need loads of practice).

Rachel :).
Thank you. It really is about practice though. I well recall starting a thread on here a couple of years ago about being terrified of French manis. I persevered and practiced and am really pleased I did now. I love doing them because i don't fret anymore, lol.

these terrify me too, ive got to do them next weel in my assignment and we have to do pink or peach then white over the top, so no room for error, mine are gonns be hideous, my poor handy andy has been practised on soooo much this last week lol,

i must say i too prefer the white tip done first then add soft sheer colour over the top

xxxx

I too used to fret and had to do a french for my VTCT assessment a couple of weeks ago! I found that practising on my nail trainer helped alot! Just click a nail in and practice painting on your white! I did this quite a few times and found that it really improved my technique! When I did mine I did base, white, pink then top coat! For my pink I used moonlight & roses by Creative which gives a nice shimmery affect and seems to hide imperfections quites well!

HTH

Latest posts

Back