Help with manicure level 2 college assignment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
hiya everyone i just need some info with three subjects in my college assignment please! have looked at the Habia site but its such a long report it would take me all night to read it lol!

The questions i need info for are:

Opportunities to transfer to other sectors or industries (i have mentioned in my assignment that you could go on to being a chiropodist after doing manicures and pedicures due to having knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the hands etc - does this sound right?!!!!)

The second question is Main legislation that affects working in the industry

The third question is Desirable characteristics required to work within the industry (I have already done an assignment about employment characteristics and dont want to repeat myself!)

Our teacher explained several things to us but not the above and has now gone on holiday for two weeks! she wants the assignments handed in by the time she gets back! any help would be much appreciated! thanks ellie xx

hiya everyone i just need some info with three subjects in my college assignment please! have looked at the Habia site but its such a long report it would take me all night to read it lol!

Opportunities to transfer to other sectors or industries (i have mentioned in my assignment that you could go on to being a chiropodist after doing manicures and pedicures due to having knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the hands etc - does this sound right?!!!!)

The third question is Desirable characteristics required to work within the industry (I have already done an assignment about employment characteristics and dont want to repeat myself!)

Our teacher explained several things to us but not the above and has now gone on holiday for two weeks! she wants the assignments handed in by the time she gets back! any help would be much appreciated! thanks ellie xx
This is why it is called YOUR home work, YOU have to do the research, we are here to help but not to do home work for people,
your first answer is ok but there are lots more opportunities too so you need to add to that one,
your second question you need to research for some answers,
your third question, imagine you owned a salon and then think what you would look for in someone to represent your salon hth

hi thanks for replying but i wasnt expecting anyone to DO my homework for me i just wanted a bit of information sorry to have troubled you.

hi , I found The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman a god send when I was doing the C&G manicure course, hopefully they may have it in the libary at collage. Good Luck

Hiya,

I also find the Complete Nail Technician my bible at the mo! :Love: Really helps with my homework, assignments etc. You may find it in the library or you may even find 2nd hand copies that ex-students don't want anymore on ebay or Amazon etc. I had to buy mine brand new as I intend on keeping it at my side forever lol! :wink2:

D* xXx

hi thanks for replying but i wasnt expecting anyone to DO my homework for me i just wanted a bit of information sorry to have troubled you.
You have not troubled me and i did give you some information that i hoped would help you.

I found the habia and other professional sites too vague for this kind of info. If you are at college you should have a library with text books specifically about level 2 beauty therapy. These books tend to tailor the info to the course requirements and are usually broken down into units eg G1 Health and Safety, BT6 Manicure etc. I would use a book like this for the info.

I did VTCT level 2. If you do too you may have your assessment book by now. If you look in the manicure section it will list the knowledge you need to demonstrate. The heading should be entitled "essential knowledge and understanding" or EKU.

Have fun!!!!!

I'm sorry if i offend a few people, but i really dont see the harm in someone asking for help with their homework on here.
I don't understand? Does it REALLY matter if someone tells you or you look it up? Either way you are still learning the answers and it's nice to make it easier for people.
Sorry just had to get that off my chest because i like to be honest and it's really annoying me
xxx

hi , I found The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman a god send when I was doing the C&G manicure course, hopefully they may have it in the libary at collage. Good Luck

This is a great book, also The Encyclopedia of Nails. You will be amazed what else you will learn while you're browsing through and once you start reading, you'll find that you can't stop.

Waterstones online have some offers at the moment, 20% off some books and free delivery for orders over £20. But you should be able to get copies of these books from the college library or your local library. If they don't have any in, either pre-book it or ask them and they will order you one. But to be honest, owning them is the best thing you can do. You will refer to them time and time again.

I know lots of reading isn't everyone's cup of tea and some people don't learn from this method at all. If you are struggling then why not ask to have a discussion with your course tutor on the subject. This might give you a little more understanding of the topic.

Good luck with your studies...

I'm sorry if i offend a few people, but i really dont see the harm in someone asking for help with their homework on here.
I don't understand? Does it REALLY matter if someone tells you or you look it up? Either way you are still learning the answers and it's nice to make it easier for people.
Sorry just had to get that off my chest because i like to be honest and it's really annoying me
xxx
This thread might shed some light on the general thoughts/feelings about giving answers to homework etc instead of the student doing their own research.

We are more likely to retain the information if we research it ourselves rather than just copying down what other people tell us. Expecting others to give us the answers for homework is lazy IMO.

This thread might shed some light on the general thoughts/feelings about giving answers to homework etc instead of the student doing their own research.

We are more likely to retain the information if we research it ourselves rather than just copying down what other people tell us. Expecting others to give us the answers for homework is lazy IMO.

I would totally understand someone getting a bit hacked off (from what i saw from the link you just posted me) as that is asking people to do ALL of her homework and they are common sense answers.
But i think this thread is understandable as i can see why she may need help as they may not be easy questions and she has only put a few questions down.
If people dont want to answer questions to peoples homework then why bother reading it and writing a reply that just isnt going to help?

Hi Ellie

Another things about assignments they dont always ask a straight forward question and it can be a tad confusing lol thats what I found.

The habia and H & S etc is a lot to read and may even find it tedious at times but its surprising how much you take in.

These may help
RR627 - Health and safety in nail bars
http://www.epa.gov/dfe/pubs/projects/salon/nailsalonguide.pdf

Manicure is part of the beauty industry so really anything could follow on in the sector....

Next time when your tutor goes through the assignment brief (if she does) and you dont quite understand ask her to give you an example;) good luck x

xxx

as i am a new student in this business (I worked in office work before) I need all the info i can get as some of the girls on my course are already familiar with the beauty industry as they are doing hairdressing etc too., so its not so 'strange' to them! It would be good to go to the class feeling like i know a few things! thanks ladies! elliebabes xxx:biggrin:

xxx
Just asking is the easy way out

just for the lady who mentioned that asking people for info is 'lazy' - I am not lazy for one minute - i have two young children to look after a house to clean mountains of washing and meals to cook, I still manage to fit the gym in 4 times a week and drop my son off and pick him up from school and now my college course which I really look forward to going to every week ! (these will apply to a lot of other ladies on here too) I would much rather ask someone for info that i cannot find after sitting up until 1am looking for it than to sit there without a clue and look stupid!

......and breathe out lol!

ellie (sorry had to get it off my chest lol):wink2:

just for the lady who mentioned that asking people for info is 'lazy' - I am not lazy for one minute - i have two young children to look after a house to clean mountains of washing and meals to cook, I still manage to fit the gym in 4 times a week and drop my son off and pick him up from school and now my college course which I really look forward to going to every week ! (these will apply to a lot of other ladies on here too) I would much rather ask someone for info that i cannot find after sitting up until 1am looking for it than to sit there without a clue and look stupid!

......and breathe out lol!

ellie (sorry had to get it off my chest lol):wink2:

I couldnt have put it better myself!! Think we could go round in circles here all night couldnt we hun? Think the bottom line is , everyone is intiltled to their opinion and there are people on here that dont mind helping people with their home work. So if a thread is posted on here bout it then the people that dont like it should simply not read it and give people a chance that want to help,help.
If theres anything i can help you with hun pm me and i'll do my best to help you xxx

No the easy way out is giving up and not doing it

Nonsense, if it is worth doing, you just search for the answers.

Everyone here is happy to help, where we can. We have all done our homework which is how we really learnt.

There is a post to guide you in the right direction :) (from me look behind this one a few places lol) life is too short to throw things at each other on a thread. Points have been made so be happy:)

Nonsense, if it is worth doing, you just search for the answers.

Everyone here is happy to help, where we can. We have all done our homework which is how we really learnt.

I did actually do this last year on google and got my homework wrong as information on the web is always different from page to page. It can become confusing and sometimes you dont actually end up learning anything and become even more confused than you was in the begining.
But granted some things are fine to type into google you are right.
But if people want to take the easy way out as you put it then so be it.Either way we will still learn.

Latest posts

Back