help with pocket lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
can anyone tell me would not using solar oil daily cause pocket lifting, as i have found that i can do someones nails using l&p , when they leave their nails look good. after 2/3 weeks later and they are not regular users of solar oil, they sometimes have pocket lifting. i was wondering whether because regular use of solar oil packs the acrylic with oil and plasicises the nail making it more flexible. could not using solar oil make the problem occur?. any ideas .

Solar Oil would not cause pocket lifting but the main cause of pocket lifting is working too wet.

Solar Oil would not cause pocket lifting but the main cause of pocket lifting is working too wet.

i didn't mean would solar oil cause pocket lifting but by not using it doesn't help with the pocket lifting.

I found that I would sometimes see pocket lifting. I would prep all 10 fingers then begin applying. I noticed whilst I was working on one hand the client wouls be doing god knows what with the other one. Try preping all 10 fingers when when you begin work on the other hand give it a going over with scrub fresh and primer again to make sure there all ready x x x

thanks for that i will try that ans see if it helps.

What does pocket lifting look like?

What does pocket lifting look like?
hi it looks like a bubble in the centr of the nail, its where the polymer has popped off of the nail plate.

Thanks Julie!

Have to agree with this. Usually the cause of pocket lifting with L&P is your mix ratio of monomer & polomer being off.

Totaly agree that pocket lifting and service breakdown is mainly down to mix ratio.....definately look to see if you are working too wet or too dry....get at least one hour 121 to check it out as you can get into a comfort zone where you think you are doing everything right, but maybe you're not.

Recently I had a bubble problem, I blamed everything....but I had a class yesterday and we looked at my mix ratio and I was working too dry...the clarity of my nails after that was solved was unbelievable....so I know I won't get these problems anymore...no more bubbles and service breakdown.

HTH

Really scrub your clients nail bed its not called scrub fresh for a reason, and also press and pat your product when applying. x x

Latest posts

Back