Help with sculpted nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Nak

Reaction score
I have read loads of threads and tutorials on here regarding fitting forms which I feel has helped loads (thanks guys)
I still seem to be having a problem with a step showing underneath when I remove the form. This isnt too much of a problem to start with, but really shows up after a few rebalances, as it grows out.
I thought I wasnt applying the form correctly, but to look at down the barrel it looks like it is snug and a good fit, so I am unsure how I am not getting a smooth underside to my sculpted free tip.
Just wandering if any geeks have had this problem, or can offer some advise?

When you are applying the acrylic or gel keep your finger underneath the form gently suporting it. Then you won't be adding pressure on top of the enhancement when applying it so it won't seep under the form causing a step. Be careful not to push it up though as you don't want a nail sloping upwards!!

It may be that the form is slipping after you have fitted it while you are applying the product. This can happen without noticing and spoils the underside of the nail. I hold the finger on both sides between forefinger and thumb and tuck my ring finger up against the form underneath to hold it in place. The only problem is when the client has no free edge to speak of then you just have to concentrate really hard to keep it in place until the product sets. I hope this helps! :)

After you have the form on and you look down the barrel to see if it is snug, look at it from the side too, in case there is a step you can see from the side that was not obvious from the end. HTH :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the help everyone. I will give this ago on my next set. :hug:

Latest posts

Back