help with weekend/party nails and resin please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

now i dont often post, i normally find everything i need in the search option, but i have been looking for a while now and cant find exactly what i need, im going to a ball next week and want nails on, but im at college in the morning and obviously cant wear enhancements, so decided id do weekend/party nails on myself, because i can size and pretailor the tips on the fri night to save time, however i've been looking through threads on how to do party nails etc, and they nearly all suggest resin over the top, now i've looked in sally's (only place i can buy anything till im fully trained) and they had 2 bottles of resin, one was £5.95 one was £13.99 eeekk:eek: , but i had a little look and they both seemed just like my nail 'glue' (adhesive sorry), so would this be the right stuff and how do i apply it, the large one looked like it had brush but small one was just a bottle, so when you apply it, do you need an old brush to smooth it over or have i got total wrong end of stick ?

also has anyone done party nails without applying polish over, i mean can you see the 'seam' if you dont apply polish? or if i just clear top coat them will they be ok? only asking cos my time limit is pushed so dont really want to have to wait for polish to dry , ill only smudge it i know i will lol

help please guys

nicky x

In the past I have put tips on and blended them and then just put top coat on or nail polish due to having a small baby a no time to finish the set. Amazingly they lasted over a week before breaking. Obviously the length plays a big part in this and mine were short.

With regards to resin, there are a couple of different ones, some set with a spray and some set with a brush on activator. The fabric that I have has 3 resins, one air dries, one set with spray and one set with brush on activator.

HTH

Rachel

I have had a set of weekend nails on for nearly 2 weeks. They have been fab. I applied my tip and blended and have just applied laquer to them. It's nice to give my own nails a break and let some sore bits grow out

I 2nd what has already been said, for weekend/ party nails, I apply the tips, blend and polish over the top.

The longest mine have ever lasted was about 2 weeks, also depending on length, they were very quickly soaked off!

I wouldnt faff too much, just make sure that they are blended properly otherwise they could look ridgy!
xx

When I don't have alot of time I tip and blend and then apply polish the same as the others, depending on what length you have them they CAN last for quite a while.

Teri x:hug:

my tips have lasted at most 10 days

i apply tips, blend and apply polish

but recently i have been using clear tips and applying nailart to the tips only

hi guys, thanks for advice so far

so just blend and polish then? will clear be ok, or will it have to be darker colour? and also just incase they do last, do i just soak cotton wool in actetone and wrap around the fingers to get em off then? cos theyd need to be off for college the next sat

thanks xx

hi nicky.i hav used the brush on resign with the brush on activator and i found its really easy and quick to use.i just bought the smaller size ones from sallys as i was trying them out.
i think as long as there blended properly so you cant see any shodows them just a clear would be fine.as for soaking them off i would just cut the lenght right down and just soak as you usually would.i hope you have a lovely time at the ball.good luck and hth.:)

thanks tracey xxxxxx just what i wanted to hear xxxx

thats ok.im just glad i could help and i hope it all goes well for you.:)

I am new to nails I do l&p

soooo here I am gonna ask what is resin ? and why
would you need resin for party nails? , and what was she looking at in sallys?
I have so much to learn :cry: MMMMMmmmmmmm
hope you can help :confused:minky

hi minky

resin is an adhesive thats usually used for fabric or wraps etc, but if you do weekend/party nails because they are only temporary, you can go over them with little bit of resin, just enough to strengthen them enough to last the night (although if your careful they can last longer) thats what i was looking at in sallys, bottles of resin

HTHs

whereabouts in meresyside are you hun ?

xxxx

hi minky

resin is an adhesive thats usually used for fabric or wraps etc, but if you do weekend/party nails because they are only temporary, you can go over them with little bit of resin, just enough to strengthen them enough to last the night (although if your careful they can last longer) thats what i was looking at in sallys, bottles of resin

HTHs

whereabouts in meresyside are you hun ?

xxxx

Hi nicky thank you for your help ,

not far from sallys ,

:) minky

hi hun

ooh im from liverpool originally, now in southport,
xxxxxx

Hi what do you mean by blend- Light File or use some product?

Thanks

Laura

well i took it to mean blend as in when you blend tips normally, light file or sanding block, thats what i did anyway lol

nicky

so could this be the way forward for us techs to actually grow our own nails ?
tip em blend em polish em remove em ! no product needed ?

i to am recently qualified and yet sooo much mure to learn !

Thanks just wanted to check. Thanks might practice on my self tonight. :)

Laura xxxx

yes your right nicky.blend how you would normally blend the tips in either by filing or using a product.once you are sure that they have been blended correctly with no shadows you can then apply resign or nail polish or what ever your choosen product is.just remember that they wont be as strong as other nail extensions as its the product that carries the strength,not the nail tip.hths

Latest posts

Back