Hive heater what temp to have

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks,iv bought a hive heater 1000c from a friend but theres no instructions with it.How do you melt the wax and what temperature would you have it at.It goes from numbers 1-6.Im just melting my wax pot tipped up side down dripping into to the pot at the min.Its hive warm wax in a 425grm i have got 2 pots of this.Any tips would be greatfull,im wanting to try on my legs to start with,you put the wax in direction with hair growth then pull back in oppersite direction iv been told.Thanks in advance for any advice xx

I only did my waxing course on monday so i could be wrong but at the course they had a similar unit to the hive and they had that on no 3, your right you do put wax on in same direction as hair growth and take off in opposite direction, pull backwards not upwards, you will also need to use pre wax lotion and then medical grade talc before applying the wax, good luck its not as easy to do your own as someone elses :hug:

hi i have the hive pot and i have the temperature on between 3 and 4 and keep this obn all day and test frequently throught the day as well i also have it on at this temp when i melt my wax

I have this heater too and it is permanently set at no 3. If I need it to heat up a little quicker than normal I will put it on high for 10 minutes but then turn it back down to no 3.

I also check the temperature on myself before starting a treatment on a client, just to make sure it is OK.

If you want to perfect the waxing skills I would do a course on waxing as you can pick up so much valuable info. There can be so many things that can go wrong with waxing so do get professional training - even if it is just on you.

Hi, i have the same one, mine is best at about 3 and a half, a good constant heat even if im busy waxing and the lid is on and off all day. good luck honey ! x x x

Hi, I put mine on full until the wax is fully melted then turn down to 3 or 4, this keeps it at a good consistency.

i ahve mine on at 3 or 3.5. I tend to leave it on all day and it's always perfect! if i need it to melt quickly i turn it up for about 10 mins then turn it back down again. x

I have this heater. If I need to refill my wax I heat the new wax in the microwave (obviously the ones in a plastic tub) then it is easy to scoop out into the metal inner pot. My temp is between 3-3 1/2. If you are just doing a quick eyebrow wax, you don't have to wait until all the wax has melted, you can just scoop from the outer side of the pot.

Janine

Thanks for all the tips,iv put it on 3 and it worked fine.I am waiting for the waxing coarse to come looking forward to it.thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back