Hive Roller Wax System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I know there have been many threads on roller waxing and I have searched them all - honest!!:lol:

But very little has been mentioned about the Hive system. I know I am still training but I really do have a problem usuing the pot and spatula method and having tried the roller at college would like to invest.

I have compared (in catalogues) the Hive and C&E systems but I like the fact that you can use the Hive system with spray paraffin. (Pedicures and pariffin are one of my favourite treatments.)

I've heard that the spray paraffin is great but I don't know about the efficiancy of the rollers when waxing.

Can anyone give their opinions/experiences?

Thanks. :green:

I trained with hive using their roller system and to be honest it is nice but it tends to stick when trying to roll it on to the clients skin, there was a thread on here a few months back comparing what everyone used for waxing, the clean and easy system came out rated the top one, I have just bought this at exel but havnt tried it out yet, looks great and heard lots of good things about it, try doing a search and you should find the info, i would do you a link but im not that clever hun :lol:

i use lcn roller waxing but i have just brought some salon systems cartriges to go in it tryed it once so far and i find the wax much better

Hi,

We bought the Hive roller wax system years ago. Nobody in my salon has ever get used to it. It sticks everywhere and sometimes it stick so much to the customers skin that it's a real mess to get it off.

At Excel I bought the PhD system. I tried it on myself yesterday and it's a dream to use. I would highly recommened it, also because it's very hygenical.

C.

Hi I bought a hive hand held roller last week i find it great- so much easier to do leg waxes, had no problems

The hand helder roller is a cheaper way to try out this system

Thanks guys
I spoke to my tutor tonight about it and she's going to do some research for me too.:)

hello

i bought the hive system and its fine for eyebrows, but tried it on the bikini

area for a client on sunday and i felt it dragged the skin, the wax seemed to dry quickly. i think i should have got the phd system in the first place. :confused:

Hmm I'm getting the impression that it isn't the best roller system out there then.:confused: Shame because I liked the thought of the spray paraffin was - but I couldn't justify buying the whole system just for that.

I'll look into the Clean & Easy system a little more.

Is the PHD system the one with the wax in a tube? Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks.:hug:

Even if you are going to get a roller system i would still advise you to try and perfect your pot and spatula technique and not give up on it.I still use pot for bikinis and underarms it gives you more control especially if you are doing brazillians also you may work somewhere where you need to do pot waxing.
I would buy a pot of wax that you can heat in microwave, cover around you in plastic ,and practise on your own legs even if you havent got any hair on them..you need to get your technique right..it will come and once it does its like riding a bike ..honest.
Remember dip,wipe off back of spatula,hold spatula at 90 degrees and push wax ahead of spatula moving it to 45 degrees as you go down ,you are not spreading butter, and do it quickly so wax doesnt become too thick in one place.When you pull strip off do not pull up,pull strip back on itself supporting skin if you need to, again quickly.

Even if you are going to get a roller system i would still advise you to try and perfect your pot and spatula technique and not give up on it.I still use pot for bikinis and underarms it gives you more control especially if you are doing brazillians also you may work somewhere where you need to do pot waxing.
I would buy a pot of wax that you can heat in microwave, cover around you in plastic ,and practise on your own legs even if you havent got any hair on them..you need to get your technique right..it will come and once it does its like riding a bike ..honest.
Remember dip,wipe off back of spatula,hold spatula at 90 degrees and push wax ahead of spatula moving it to 45 degrees as you go down ,you are not spreading butter, and do it quickly so wax doesnt become too thick in one place.When you pull strip off do not pull up,pull strip back on itself supporting skin if you need to, again quickly.

I totally agree with you on this, infact I told my tutor last night about the problems I'm having. We have our last waxing practice next week prior to our assessments beginning so she has sid she'll help me out. I'm OK removing the wax, correct angles, technique etc, it is just getting the wax onto the skin. I can't seem to get the right angle and right amount. I'm fine with knowing which direction to apply it - just everything else! :grr:

BTW I have read the waxing tutorial on this site which was very helpful but I actually need someone to literally guide my hand I think.:irked:

I found that the Hive roller heads dispense too much wax.

I know there have been many threads on roller waxing and I have searched them all - honest!!:lol:

But very little has been mentioned about the Hive system. I know I am still training but I really do have a problem usuing the pot and spatula method and having tried the roller at college would like to invest.

I have compared (in catalogues) the Hive and C&E systems but I like the fact that you can use the Hive system with spray paraffin. (Pedicures and pariffin are one of my favourite treatments.)

I've heard that the spray paraffin is great but I don't know about the efficiancy of the rollers when waxing.

Can anyone give their opinions/experiences?

Thanks. :green:

I haven't used the Hive roller wax so can't comment but i understand your frustration with the pot. I absolutley detest it, never been able to get on with it since the day I started training. Luckily the places I have worked have never used the pot & the only times I ever need to use it is if im at friends waxing her (she has her own pot)

Clean + Easy roller wax is a dream to work with (didn't like the azulene wax though) or you could try the tube system (ABC, PHD or Eggpot)

Do you get many requests for paraffin wax ? If not then I would consider the C+E system

I haven't used the Hive roller wax so can't comment but i understand your frustration with the pot. I absolutley detest it, never been able to get on with it since the day I started training. Luckily the places I have worked have never used the pot & the only times I ever need to use it is if im at friends waxing her (she has her own pot)

Clean + Easy roller wax is a dream to work with (didn't like the azulene wax though) or you could try the tube system (ABC, PHD or Eggpot)

Do you get many requests for paraffin wax ? If not then I would consider the C+E system

Hee hee - I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with it!
I love doing paraffin wax treatments so I guess I might promote them a little more but I do have my own pot and melt the wax in there and just apply with a brush so it's not a major problem. But the C&E system seems to be the clear winner.

One of the geeks,apologies but i can't remember who,said about a method of parrafin waxing where you could dip strong tissues in the wax and lay it on.I havent tried it yet but i should imagine it works well and is less messy.

i have the hive rolller and was told the spray cartridges are too big to fit in it ??
also i too feel like itgives out too much wax and is very sticky :confused: but thought that was coz i was used to the phd > which is fab but mine kept breaking and it peed me off so i changed totally !! :lol:

I have the Hive roller system. I find it easy and quick to use although I just use it for leg waxes. ( I have converted to Lycon hot wax for eyebrows, underarms and bikini) I think it is more expensive to use than pot wax as I can use one and a half cartridges for a full leg wax. To ensure that the wax rolls on freely you need to keep the wax at the right temperature. If it drags it is too cool. I gave up with the tiny roller for eyebrow shapes it was too fiddly. I also found that the clear honey wax is the only type of wax that took all the hair away. The parrafin wax heaters are quick and easy to use and if you keep a couple in the heater they are always available but take care when spraying as overspray can get on clothing and its a nightmare to remove.

The one thing I find a pain with the roller system having been an ex PHD user is the roller cleaning. It is not easy to remove all the wax from inside the roller. I usually soak the heads overnight in wax remover then soak them in boiled soapy water the next day to remove any remaining wax. This adds costs as it is time and product use.

Hope this helps

I am quite despondent with my Hive roller system too. Its currently sat in a cupboard as I felt it really dragged on clients legs. And cleaning the roller heads is a nightmare. I use the pot and spatula now and have two different waxes on the go for choice and I am finding this just as quick as the roller now I am used to it. If there was a solution to the roller wax I would like to hear it as I have lots of wax tubes in stock which I could do with using up.

Maybe I should give it another go and try it a little hotter?

Clean and Easy heads are so much better than Hive....imo Hive roller heads dispense too much wax.

i agree i had the hive roller system...i got rid and now use the clean and easy system its much better x

Latest posts

Back