HMRC calling me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Just got a call from someone at HMRC but have told then to call me back cos I was in the supermarket. Im very wary of calls from a number that i dont know as ive had a few dodgy ones lately and need to know if anyone has recieved a call from this number & its legit?They called off 01227 865655. I asked if she could call me back in 20 mins so if anyone has any advise that would be great! Thanks xx

Forgot to add - I googled the number & it came up with lots of 'spamcall' websites :/

Hun i would go on website and find a number and ring them and id imagine they would be able to tell you. Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Mmmm I wouldn't give them any info at all, just tell them to write to you (but don't give them your address... They should have that!) that is a Canterbury telephone number! X

I tell anyone who ring me asking info about my business, no matter who they are! I do not discuss my business over the phone, please put it in writing. If they dont know your address etc then they are not who they say they are cause anyone official who needs to know my business have my details.

Always a good idea to be cautious and not give any details. Good idea about asking them to write to you.

I'd be amazed if the HMRC were to call you out of the blue. I Googled that number too- and it does look like a sales call.....unless it's about the 10 grand tax bill that you owe (joking!)

False alarm geeks! I didn't have time to go on the net again as she called as soon as I read your post! As soon as I answered I said that I had been getting dodge calls and she said that she didn't need any details etc and was just offering advise for tax & NI etc if I needed it :) I did need to speak to HMRC so she saved me a few quid! Thanks for the very quick replys! Don't know what I'd do without you aha xx

I'd be amazed if the HMRC were to call you out of the blue. I Googled that number too- and it does look like a sales call.

Yep I thought that too! Maybe it's something they are starting to do for new businesses? She said 'don't worry I'm not selling anything' wish I'd have got a business phone now insted of using my personal one :/

Yep I thought that too! Maybe it's something they are starting to do for new businesses? She said 'don't worry I'm not selling anything' wish I'd have got a business phone now insted of using my personal one :/

Oh they all say that! and then spend the next 15 minutes trying to sell you something

Just looked on the websites, there's no complaints about the number, but iv matched it to an email address http://www.tuyendungnhanh.com/timungvien/inhoso/318375 at the bottom of the page, am guessing it's a scam. Call the hmrc yourself and inform them of this number calling you, it's also a chance to make sure everythings up to date with them xoxo

Oh they all say that! and then spend the next 15 minutes trying to sell you something

Not in my books it dosent, had a sales call or "survey" as they are now calling it yesterday, saying they only need 2 mins, i told them i had accidentally glued my finger in my bum, he was still saying oh I'm sorry to hear that but I will only be 2 mins so i turned it up a notch and said my other finger was glued to my penis donut was hard to be on the phone at the min, they hung up on me (I won't hang up on them, just play about until they get fed up) xoxo

I saw something the other day on tv I think. HMRC never, ever phone they always use official HMRC envelopes and letters.

Please ignore.

HMRC will only ever contact you by telephone or in writing. If you wish to verify them, ask them which department they are calling from and the telephone number which is for public use. Check it on the contact us section of the HMRC website.

Thats what our department does and we do make outgoing calls to people.

Not in my books it dosent, had a sales call or "survey" as they are now calling it yesterday, saying they only need 2 mins, i told them i had accidentally glued my finger in my bum, he was still saying oh I'm sorry to hear that but I will only be 2 mins so i turned it up a notch and said my other finger was glued to my penis donut was hard to be on the phone at the min, they hung up on me (I won't hang up on them, just play about until they get fed up) xoxo

That is soooo funny!!!!

Saw your post earlier but phone wouldnt let me respond!

I got a call last year from them (id been registered as self employed for a few months) and was really sceptical of why they were calling and if it was fraudulent.

Luckily I have a client who is a manager at the tax office and she said its a new service to help give advice for new businesses so that they run more smoothly and equally, cause less hassle to them when doing accounts etc.

The man emailed over loads of info and it was really helpful. Just things like "did you k ow that you can just count X amount of pounds automatically towards washing your uniforms, towels" etc

x

If I get a call from a number I don't know I ask who's calling and then say 'ye hang on ill get her' then leave the phone on the side hahaha!!

No disrespect to any tax inspectors etc who may be lurking on Salon Geek but I have never known anyone from HMRC to make a joke or try to put you at ease!!!

Maybe they are trying to change their image - hehehe just kidding :wink2:

hi,i yhad this call a few months back,the lady was lovely and answered a few queries that i had and offered to email info too,came in handy :)

Yeah this lady was lovely too. :) I went on the HMRC courses before I opened my business so of course I didn't have any specific questions like I have now so it's good that she called (; x

Latest posts

Back