HMRC refunds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Happy new year all:hug:

Does anyone else keep getting emails from HMRC saying they have over paid and are intitled to xxxx refund?

It looks very dodgy to me as the say you cant ring up you must fill the form they have sent you in the email.

Just curious if anyone else has been getting them.:rolleyes:

Hi,
I had an email a few months ago now, and then shortly after receiving it I was listening to a programme on the radio talking about these emails. Apparently they're not genuine but I cant speak for your personal email, but if they ask you for sensitive information then I would say not to return the mail and contact them direct through the official channels...xXx

I got one and as I couldnt locate anywhere on HMRCs website for reporting it I asked my accountant and here is here reply:

The email is indeed fraudulent. The HMRC page about reporting such things is here:

HM Revenue & Customs : Contact Us

And in case that very long link breaks, the page asks you to forward such emails to [email protected]

Whatever you do, DO NOT FILL IN ANY DETAILS ON THE FRAUDULENT EMAIL!

Thanks Fiona i knew it was dodgy as it said it had gone back on my last 7 years tax returns well ive only done 1 so far!!

Its good to know others have been getting them to.:mad:

It definitely sounds like a scam - I have heard of something similar myself. Normally, HMRC will refund you automatically if you have a refund due... if they have your bank details, they usually pay direct to your bank account; if not they send you a cheque...

Aye a big-ass scam. I got emails a few months back saying something similar, only it was me that owed them £ and click a link for details, got me worried, but it was just a big-ass scam. They're using all sorts of lies these days, some very convincing, you can't be too careful! x

I've had quite a few of them too, just ignored them all

I have had them too,
same give away as yours, they went too far back for it to be my business so i clicked straight away, hth

i have had em too , but think about it ... i know i never put my email addy on my tax return so know it cant have been right
theres scammers out there who will do anything !! grrrrr

I recieved one yesterday,confused I done the sensable thing and called HMRC ,they said it was a scam from a gambling site, and asked me to forward the email to an hrmc ad.:confused:

Latest posts

Back