Hoax client, now leaving me bad reviews - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, :)

Thank you for your comments. I know it was very naive of me, and my stupid good nature took over which is why I didn't call before hand....lesson learned on that 1 for sure shedunlop! :)

I gave my partner the address and the 'mobile' number incase and i rang him as soon as I knocked on the door to the poor lady who didn't know him.

And exactly...I don't get why/how i ruined his gfs night either as 'she' didn't even know I was coming!

British.jen, he did know i was part time as I did say I only work evenings and occasional weekends. Silly man!!

Oh hippy -chick you poor thing...I bet that made you feel really rubbish too, have you ever heard from her since?

Omg Sarah! There are some weirdo/pervs out there...a girl at my unrelated job said 'I bet her was watching you having a....' I won't go any further but you get the picture!

I still have so much to learn and being on my own as a tech am making all the mistakes in the book lol...not confirming a booking by.phone for 1, but still why go to the lengths that 'he' did!

Xx

My first thought when you said they weren't at that address & nobody had heard of them was that he was trying to get you out of your house to burgle it...

I always get my Mum to call 10 mins into the appointment on the pretence of sorting out a problem - just in case I need assistance (& always leave her with the address I am going to) You just can't be too careful.x

My first thought when you said they weren't at that address & nobody had heard of them was that he was trying to get you out of your house to burgle it...

I always get my Mum to call 10 mins into the appointment on the pretence of sorting out a problem - just in case I need assistance (& always leave her with the address I am going to) You just can't be too careful.x

Oh my!!!! I had never thought of that :( good job my partner was home and the house wasn't empty.

The more i think of this the more I need to move house and have a home salon! Xx

I had the same thoughts as Pooh bear, that he wanted you out of the house to break in. You have had some great advice on here. I read your post because I live and work in Stratford-upon-Avon. I would be most suprised if any of the therapists I know in this area had set you up, but thank you for making me aware that this horrid man is out there. I will be on my guard! x

Never, ever, ever go to an address where you haven't got a telephone number that you have contacted the client on. You could have been in a very dangerous situation here, doing all the arranging by email?

I am not having a go at you my darling, I was mobile for 10 years and it is difficult when you have problems like this or if you turn up and they are not at home.

I am not sure that there is a lot you can do about this other than learn from the situation but you must think about your own personal safety now and in the future my darling. :wink2:

Superb advice shedunlop!

This can happen a lot actually, making false appointments. If I get a call saying I have been referred to them I always ask who referred them so I can make a note on their form. I think it would be wise to make telephone contact for new clients, in this case there was nothing preventing him from speaking to you on the phone when he was not with his girlfriend. It does sound like someone messing you around and sorry you had to deal with this.

Latest posts

Back