holiday entitlement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the hokiay entitle ment is to any job? im 99% sure its 4 x the housrs you work a wee - so if you do 5 days a week its 20 days holidya and if you do 3 days its 12 days etc but can any body clarify this?

Who would i get in touch with to find this out?

Reason i ask is i have been offered a job at 37.5 hours a week and been told i'm only allowed 15 days holiday. xx

Hi honey - the person I'd contact is ACAS - they'll tell you what's what.

Good luck.

cool thanx girls xxx

I believe that everyone is entitled to 4 weeks paid holiday a year so if you normally work 20 hours a week you are entitled to 80 hours paid holiday etc.

But I would definitely check with an offical!! Try this site:
Holidays and holiday pay

Hope it helps x

I'm pretty sure that it is 4 weeks, BUT, that does include Bank Holidays. So if you work a Bank Holiday you should get a day in lieu (another days holiday). If you don't, then this gets taken from your holiday allowance.
I think it may be changing soon so that Bank Holiday are in addition to the 4 weeks, but for now any employer has the right to include BH's as part of your holiday allowance.
This is explained in Noodles link under the heading Public & Bank Holidays.

I'm pretty sure that it is 4 weeks, BUT, that does include Bank Holidays. So if you work a Bank Holiday you should get a day in lieu (another days holiday). If you don't, then this gets taken from your holiday allowance.
I think it may be changing soon so that Bank Holiday are in addition to the 4 weeks, but for now any employer has the right to include BH's as part of your holiday allowance.
This is explained in Noodles link under the heading Public & Bank Holidays.

yeah this is how its done - 23 days in total inc bank holidays (they are within the 4 weeks) xx

I recently started a new job recently and just found out yesterday that we aren't getting paid for any holidays that we take.

Remember that if you start a new job part way through the year, you will only get your holiday pro rata - perhaps this is why they are only giving you 15 days?

I recently started a new job recently and just found out yesterday that we aren't getting paid for any holidays that we take.
I think you'll find that this is illegal.:eek: You are entitled to paid holiday, even if you are part time, your holiday is pro-rata.
What reason has your boss given for not paying for holiday time?

I think you'll find that this is illegal.:eek: You are entitled to paid holiday, even if you are part time, your holiday is pro-rata.
What reason has your boss given for not paying for holiday time?

One of the girls already has her hols booked for july 10th, she will have been there 2 month when she goes, so she asked him if she was entitled to holiday pay and he said that no one was being paid for holidays.

There are a couple of things at work that just don't seem to add up as well. I think I will have to start another thread about them, just to put my mind at rest.

One of the girls already has her hols booked for july 10th, she will have been there 2 month when she goes, so she asked him if she was entitled to holiday pay and he said that no one was being paid for holidays.

There are a couple of things at work that just don't seem to add up as well. I think I will have to start another thread about them, just to put my mind at rest.

Even agencies have to pay holiday. I guess you just have to decide how much of a wave you make in you new job. :eek: Oh and have they got a current Certificate of Employers Liability displayed?

Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

you are entitled to 4 x the days you work ie. if you work 5 days you will get 20 days paid holiday and if you work 3 days you will get 12 days paid holiday.
bank holidays are optional by the employer if they are included, as most salons are closed on a monday anyway the bank hols are usually not important. we are open good friday and i pay my girls time and a half but are open as usuall and it is in our salon handbook that nobody can book holidays on this weekend.
in october 2007 the holidays wil increace from 4 times your days to 4.8 times your days ie you get an extra 2 days per year if you work 5 days.
also we work our holidays on an acrual system. if you have worked for only six months you can have half a years paid holidays etc

since the 1st october 2007 the minimum has been 24 days.it increases to 28 days on 1/4/08

this can include bank holidays,it is up to the employer

basically for part timers you get leave in hours calculated as 4.8 times number o fhours worked

and from april 5.6 times number of hours worked
you can easily convert it back to days
these are the legal minimums

Latest posts

Back