Hollywood Nails Supply, Peckham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Hi Has anyone ordered from these?.. they are selling gelish for £** they say 101% genuine and offer money back guarantee but thought id ask on here before ordering with them in case anyone has had bad reports, or even better, good reports ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know about their gelish but I have bought bits from their stand they have at Olympia including a UV lamp and everything was fine :)

Thats good :) I didnt want to order from them to then find ourt ive bought fake gelish... Must be reputable company if they have a stand at olympia ;) xx

£XX for gelish?.. do i risk it ? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peckham Rye, right? I've actually taken a train ride to that shop one weekend. It's really small and cramped in there. And the prices they charge for everything (which looks pretty authentic) HAS to be from overseas. Everything is ridiculously cheap there.

Seriously? The prices have been removed because we do not post Trade Prices on here ;) so I missed it....but I would not take the risk even if I did save a couple of quid, there will be no back up and no help if you get a faulty product. I wonder if Hand & Nail Harmony know about this company..... I shall pass there details on to them in case they don't.

Why take the risk, just buy from an authorised source and have guaranteed peace of mind!

Peckham Rye, right? I've actually taken a train ride to that shop one weekend. It's really small and cramped in there. And the prices they charge for everything (which looks pretty authentic) HAS to be from overseas. Everything is ridiculously cheap there.

Thats my concern, i can buy hong kong gelish on ebay but i want genuine, how would i tell if it was fake?

i have seen these too! they say you can have you money back within 14 days, so i guess if its not right just return? :) xx

There are so many threads on here these days of nail techs complaining abut the untrained girl down the road or on FB unqualified and undercutting them, using dodgy cheap products and charging silly low prces.

Where do you think they get their products from?

Also we complain about this taking business away from us the qualified, professional techs who have invested in our training and use quality products.

Don't you see that this is the same thing?

We are lucky in this country that all our good authorised distributors have Educators and employees from the nail Industry to give us great training and good technical support when we need it.
Yet, we seem to think we can bypass them and go to the cheap/ebay/dodgy supplier and save a few pennies.

Isn't that just the same as the client that risks her nails going to the NSS salon or FB untrained girl, just because they are cheaper?

Do we really not know any better!!!

Sorry Sameel that I have used your thread to highlight this, but it does seem the ideal place !

Did it have a yellow three wheeler outside? :wink2:

There are so many threads on here these days of nail techs complaining abut the untrained girl down the road or on FB unqualified and undercutting them, using dodgy cheap products and charging silly low prces.

Where do you think they get their products from?

Also we complain about this taking business away from us the qualified, professional techs who have invested in our training and use quality products.

Don't you see that this is the same thing?

We are lucky in this country that all our good authorised distributors have Educators and employees from the nail Industry to give us great training and good technical support when we need it.
Yet, we seem to think we can bypass them and go to the cheap/ebay/dodgy supplier and save a few pennies.

Isn't that just the same as the client that risks her nails going to the NSS salon or FB untrained girl, just because they are cheaper?

Do we really not know any better!!!

Sorry Sameel that I have used your thread to highlight this, but it does seem the ideal place !

This thread isnt about untrained techs or hobby techs, just a question if anyone knows if the seller is reputable or not.
I would never ever buy from ebay, and have decided not to buy from this place as i cant be certain of the products origin, even with 14 day money back quarantee. You have to be so careful these days with so many fakes about.

Did it have a yellow three wheeler outside? :wink2:

:lol: No comment!

Honestly, I treated that place like ebay. I bought little jars of glitters and dried flowers, pump bottles, ect, but I stayed away from the section up front wth the gelish and shellac. For it to be that cheap, it's either bad batch or from overseas. Sameeel, you should just buy from well-known reputible places and not risk it, hun. It's just not worth the risk. ;)

:lol: No comment!

Honestly, I treated that place like ebay. I bought little jars of glitters and dried flowers, pump bottles, ect, but I stayed away from the section up front wth the gelish and shellac. For it to be that cheap, it's either bad batch or from overseas. Sameeel, you should just buy from well-known reputible places and not risk it, hun. It's just not worth the risk. ;)

Im steering clear... i darent risk it just to save a few measly quid!... good price if it was genuine but I doubt it.

its apparently shipped in from the US.. will this make it bad?x

Nail Harmony is the official distributor, or Sally's I believe, why not just go there??

This thread isnt about untrained techs or hobby techs, just a question if anyone knows if the seller is reputable or not.
I would never ever buy from ebay, and have decided not to buy from this place as i cant be certain of the products origin, even with 14 day money back quarantee. You have to be so careful these days with so many fakes about.

Great that you have decided to stick with an authorised distributor rather than this supplier.

I know this thread is not about hobbyists or untrained techs..the point I was trying to make is that this type of dodgy supplier is our Authorised distributors equivalent of them !

Beverly Beaute also supply ;)

This company is not authorised to sell a lot of the brands they carry in the UK, there have been several threads about this.

This company is not authorised to sell a lot of the brands they carry in the UK, there have been several threads about this.

OH great :lol:

I only want to get a couple of bottles of gelish to trial and see how i work with it... I already use another gel polish but the colour range isnt that great :( Gelish colours look fantastic xx

its apparently shipped in from the US.. will this make it bad?x

US or Timbuktu, they're still not authorized distributors, so yes. I think Gigi explained it best in another thread about this. It's just best not to risk it. It's not like this is a hard product to obtain as a professional. It's available here so why cheat UK distributors? x

Latest posts

Back