Home based geeks, Some advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great to me! What is included?- how much will you need to contribute to electricity/gas?

That includes electric and gas etc. They are also letting me use their beauty couch xx

Well I think that sounds great, just make sure you get a contract that says how long the rate will stay at £80 and if there will be an increase when it will be and by how much. If you have clients already you should easily be able to cover the rent it would be £4,160 a year. :hug: Does the room have a sink? and are there toilets in the salon for your clients to use?

£80 per week is quite reasonable IMO for a room.

With regards to working from your bedroom or garage I think these are an absolute no no. Neither of these are a salon unless they have been fully converted. I truly would be horrified if I went to a home salon that turned out to be a garage with a couch in it ! I don't mean that to sound snobby but a garage with bare walls, no proper flooring or a proper frontage is not a salon.......its just a garage. Is there any natural light at all or just walls and the garage door? I think it would cost an awful lot of money to convert plus planning permission etc.

There are so many home salons these days that standards have to be high.

I would go for the room rental, im sure you will do really well :green:

Latest posts

Back