Horrible client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacey

Reaction score
I have had the most rudest client today and to be honest she has made me feel pretty sh*t! I started my job about 2 weeks ago so I don't know the regular clients, this lady walks in she seems nice enough, I take her through to the treatment room an go through the normal procedure, telling her to remove her bottom half for the full leg wax I was about to do, so she said out of the blue, don't talk to me like that now you don't want to make me angry, you sound so patronising I've been waxing longer than you have been born! I was totally shocked and just said sorry and carries out her treatment, she just made me feel so stupid I know I shouldn't let it get to me but now I wonder should I stuck up for myself and said that well I don't know you so how am I meant to know you know what to do!!' Ghezzzzzz rant over!

Ah people can be just plain ignorant and rude. Just remind yourself she's the one with the attitude problem and you were being professional, much better than just lobbing her into the room and giving her no instruction. Irrespective of how many times she's been waxed and knows the drill, she didn't need to be rude.
It grinds my gears when older people use that phrase about them doing such and such since before you were born, I often feel like saying yes and even with you're much longer time on earth you've still not mastered manners.

Leave them at it, keep being polite and professional. :hug:

Sending you :hugs: hun, did you tell your boss/manager? If the lady was so experienced, then why didn't she do her own waxing? She was probably having a bad day (even though that doesn't make it right, far from). xx

hugs all the way to you....
i know exactly how you feel the clientèle we have at my work are the worst among anywhere i have worked there all so up them selves and think because they've got x amount in there accounts they have the right to talk to and treat us like they do...

Some of them think that cos they've been having a treatment for x amount of years they know how to do it better than you. Can really knock you all day when you've been treat like that. Hugs. Xx

Thanks ladies :) yeah I told my boss and she was like what a rude person she said if that was her she would have said excuse me can you not be so rude, but I said to my boss I'm not like that I don't really want to say anything that is going to make it awkward , and my boss was jut like well I'm glad you're not like that she did I handles it well and professional! But the weirdest thing was my client suing that I should get a Hollywood and weear stockings because it will make me feel sexy I was like what?? This just come out of the blue I was like ohhhh god, I've for a weird one here. Lol!! X

She sounds like she's off her rocker! Don't take it to heart my love, as the others have said, you where nothing but professional, and if I was the client, I know that I would want to run though everything with a new therapist, we all have our little ways of doing things so regardless how many times you have been waxed, you may have suggested to get ready a different way to what she was used to, then who would of looked the plum?! You did the right thing, pat on the back for keeping so cool x

Not your fault. Because you're good at your job you were understandably stung by what she said; she was up for an argument and you did well for not buying into it!

Latest posts

Back