horrible day! someone smashed my window!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
i have to moan about this sorry.....i finish work tonight at 9pm to find out some little %^$%(£)$* has smashed my car window and pinched my cd player out of the car! they have been in the glove box and i cant remember what was in there?! omg they did steal some cigarettes ( how mean that was) and my CDs! oh goddamn this hell hole.
now im panic-ing cos i am thinking what was in the glove box?! they went through my service book but thats all the paper work that was in there?! what do i do?! i told the police and they gave me a number...so i got no window till tomorrow, a car full of glass i cleaned some out but abit hard to do in the dark....and worse of all no music!
im so stressed and so angry has anyone else had this happen?!

OMG! I am so sorry to hear about this. I know how ticked you must be, I had my car broke into a couple weeks ago too, but luckily no broken windows. I hope your area police did more than mine did. They never even came to my house, they just asked what had been stolen and gave me a police report number. They didn't steal anything other than my air compressor, but still, to know some one was going through my things:mad:. The fact that some people will stoop so low just gets to me. I hope you can get your window fixed pretty quick. I hope it doesn't rain!

There's a lot of fluckers in the world eh honey!
here's a :hug: bet you could do with one. The main thing is you are ok and not involved.

Don't suppose there are any camera's around the area your car was parked? catch the s**** in the act.

Try and unwind have a cigg and cuppa and try to calm down, I know it is easier said than done but you will be able to think straight. Then you will remember what was in your glove box. Give the number a ring, the police gave you tomorrow.

The window will be fixed tomorrow and you can sort the rest of the glass in the daylight. These people are not being personnal to you, they go for cars with things they can pinch then sell.

Everything will be ok honey.

Take care x

i hate having the car parked on the drive now with no window!? god knows what i will wake up to! thankfully there was nothing else taken from the car but what do i do now ? do i claim for a window n stereo? will i lose me no claims bonus? i have just under 3 years ? is it worth the claim?
i dont even want to get in the car it makes me feel sick...im so mad tonight lol i just cant believe it! its in a car park with a perimiter fence and cameras and security guards! waste of money all that was lol
grrrr

Katmoz33 said:
i hate having the car parked on the drive now with no window!? god knows what i will wake up to! thankfully there was nothing else taken from the car but what do i do now ? do i claim for a window n stereo? will i lose me no claims bonus? i have just under 3 years ? is it worth the claim?
i dont even want to get in the car it makes me feel sick...im so mad tonight lol i just cant believe it! its in a car park with a perimiter fence and cameras and security guards! waste of money all that was lol
grrrr

The police can and should be able to look at the footage on the cameras and see if the s**** can be identified then nicked. Well the security guards did well didn't they....not. You could tape a bin liner inside your door to make it look camoflaged (sp) lol, bit of a dick idea but!!

As far as your no claims, I haven't got a clue. Ring the insurance people and they will advise you.

Take care

Get a pillow and beat the s*** out of it, make you feel better!

i had a look at the security video but the camera is on the building and the side that they broke in to was on the opposite side so it doesnt look like they will find anything he said he would go through it bit by bit and see if theres anything at all on there...hmmm bummer they dont do anything with them when they catch them! thats the really annoying thing

Katmoz33 said:
i had a look at the security video but the camera is on the building and the side that they broke in to was on the opposite side so it doesnt look like they will find anything he said he would go through it bit by bit and see if theres anything at all on there...hmmm bummer they dont do anything with them when they catch them! thats the really annoying thing

It's the courts that let them off. Round my area the bad ones are caught then they are let off. It makes me laugh, do they really think a telling off is going to change them! it just makes them feel big. You never know, something may be on the video. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Take care

I had this happen about 10 years ago, it's a horrible feeling and we were finding bits of glass for ages afterwards. I actually heard them breaking into my neighbours van at 2 in the morning, called out the police and they came so quickly, had to tra :hug: ck the buggers down with dogs but appraently they caught them.

I remember this happening to me - they took my amp, subwoofer, the lot!
What's worse is that I still find bits of broken glass in the car after all this time!
Definately don't want to be reminded of this every time i see the broken glass!

Hope you catch the culprits!

i've had lots of deliberate damage done to my cars over the years but touch wood i've never been broken into.......sad reality but its not untill you go to get something and cant find it that you will realise that its been taken from your glove box :mad:

hope everything goes ok with your insurance and no claims bonus

stanleyann

hi,

just wanted to let you know that this happened to me last year, i rang my insurance company to find out if i could make a claim, i didn't in the end due to the excess i had to pay and they would only give me a certain amount for my cd's + window, (thankfully my stereo wasn't taken) thus giving me no extra money in the end

when i came to renew my insurance this year it was a lot higher than the year before, i asked about this and my insurance company told me it was because i had made a claim, i told them that i hadn't and they said they new i hadn't but it was logged onto the system therefore i was a potential risk as my car had already been broken into, therefore i had to pay more as my premiums had now gone up!! i was gutted!!

Not only did they not help me when my car got broken into because of the excess and the little amount they paid out, they put my insurance up too!!

so just be very careful when ringing up for info as they sting you everyway they can, don't give your details if our ringing for advise!! this is now going to stay on there system which all the insurance companies use for 3 years!! B*****DS!!!!

Pen xxx

Aww hun what a bunch of *****ers

Maybe if you tell us which cd's were nicked we could copy some for you.

Its terrible when this happens! I hope u get it sorted!

A mate of mine had her car broken into twice but as the car was very old and she didn't have anything worth steeling in it she just leaves the car unlocked now to save her having to pay for a new window if they did it again!!

oh hun, i hate the f****** that do this kind of thing, i have never had my car broken in to but i have had my house burgled 3 times (once when me and the kids were in bed) and i know how horrid it feels to know you have worked for somethig and someone just comes along and takes it,
i hope the police can find who did it:hug:

That's terrible hun, big hugs xx

Latest posts

Back