Horror stories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittensgotclaws

Reaction score
Hi there, i had a client this morning who wanted l&p, she was a bit nervous to start with and asked her why, she said that she had previously been (on a number of occasions) to a salon in town, she said that the ladies in there dont push the cuticle back, they file it right off! She alsosaid that everytime they do that it made her fingers bleed!! :eek: I couldn't believe it, she said that she was a bit nervous as she wanted her nails doing but she wasn't looking forward to the pain!! I said to her that she wnt feel a thing, at the end of her appointment she went away with a big smile on her face and said she would be reccomending me to her friends!!:) Has anyone else hears similar stories?? Bearing in mind that the salon in question has been in town for a few years now!! Oh, and some one at a salon accross the road from me had told her that they couldn't do her nails as her nails were too big!! The poor woman was a bag of nerves when she came to me and she had a right complex about her nails bless her.

You do hear some "unusual" things from other salons!! My new client yesterday coiled back when I opened my monomer bottle. Her previous tech told her that the fumes can damage the inside of your nose. Either she was using MMA or she is leaning far too close in to her momomer!! My happy client went away with her nose still in tact.

This ones not so much a horror story, but a bit strange none the less. One lady was really surprised when I recommended solar oil to her because a previous tech had told her that you should only use this on natural nails, never enhancements. I explained the benefits and the client bought some, but why would you want to do yourself out of sales by saying these things??

Yes you do hear the strangest things, i was told by one lady that she had been informed by a nail tech that gel is better than l&p for the nails as l&p leaves the nails brittle and in bad shape, i told her that the only way your nails would be in bad shape is if the nail tech didn't do them properly and filed away at your natural nail, at the end of the day these are nail enhancements not nail replacements, the natural nail sould not be damaged in any way, whatever system your using. (i'd just love to know where some of these nail techs dream up some of the things they say to clients)

Latest posts

Back