Hot wax and ingrown hairs.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
hello,
I normaly stick on the nail geek side but thought would flick over here for some advice.

Since i moved out to tenerife a year ago ive been having my brazilian waxing done at a local salon she uses a hot wax which until i came here my therapist in england used strip wax but i was pretty happy with the result from the hot wax. Anyway i've been going back every 6weeks or so seen about 3 differnt therapists but one of them which i had last time really caused alot of pain more than normal i even got a bruise and one week later the hairs are back! I cant even wear a bikini. I wonder what went wrong. My question is can the hairs be broken if not pulled in the right direction with hot wax? I'm not very happy but not sure what to do about it.

One more question i suffer so bad with ingrown hairs im pretty scared and am very aware of them! Ive tried ingrown treatments before and after waxing but never really helped. Can anyone advice me on a great miracle product?

I am trained in waxing but i cant get my head around it so i only do facials and underarm waxing really hoping to get some training with the wax queen at some stage.!

Sorry to go on so much!
xxxxxxxxxxx

hello,
I normaly stick on the nail geek side but thought would flick over here for some advice.

Since i moved out to tenerife a year ago ive been having my brazilian waxing done at a local salon she uses a hot wax which until i came here my therapist in england used strip wax but i was pretty happy with the result from the hot wax. Anyway i've been going back every 6weeks or so seen about 3 differnt therapists but one of them which i had last time really caused alot of pain more than normal i even got a bruise and one week later the hairs are back! I cant even wear a bikini. I wonder what went wrong. My question is can the hairs be broken if not pulled in the right direction with hot wax? I'm not very happy but not sure what to do about it.

One more question i suffer so bad with ingrown hairs im pretty scared and am very aware of them! Ive tried ingrown treatments before and after waxing but never really helped. Can anyone advice me on a great miracle product?

I am trained in waxing but i cant get my head around it so i only do facials and underarm waxing really hoping to get some training with the wax queen at some stage.!

Sorry to go on so much!
xxxxxxxxxxx
As part of my waxing aftercare I retail a range of products designed for post waxing. I have previously retailed PFB Vanish and had great results from this.

I also retail a range of organic aftercare and the range has recently been extended to include an ingrown hair serum and a great new after wax cream specially designed for use after intimate waxing. Take a look at their range and see if it might suit you..

Outback Organics - Australian Beauty Products

HTH Jack

I retail PFB Vanish too and find it to be very good.
Some clients seem to get ingrown hairs no matter what. If I have a client that suffers quite badly then I will use strip wax just on the pubic triangle as this is where the ingrown hair tends to be. I use hot wax on the rest but I have found that if I use strip wax just on the triangle, then this does help.
Yes hairs can be broken if the strip is not removed properly and bruises can occur if the skin is not stretched properly.

thankyou for your replies.
I will look into that range and defently give it a go i really need something to help its just getting worse!

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back