Hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janmarie16

Reaction score
Hi
About to invest in a hot wax heater/kit for my business. Could anyone recommend a good brand to try?

Thanks x

I love Adam&Eve. Fantastic customer support as well

Thank you. Not heard of that one. Will have a look x

Hi
About to invest in a hot wax heater/kit for my business. Could anyone recommend a good brand to try?

Thanks x

I've always been a fan of digital wax heaters as they give much better temperature control and precision.

In terms of hot waxes there are lots of great brands out there and we all have our favourites so I'm sure you will get a lot of great recommendations from other geeks. I love Perron Rigot so that's the brand I recommend, but I think it good for therapists to get a few different waxes and give them a try for yourself and see which ones you prefer to work with...

Lots of the beauty suppliers sell kits for students which include a standard start up range of products.

Good luck and hope that helps...

I've always been a fan of digital wax heaters as they give much better temperature control and precision.

In terms of hot waxes there are lots of great brands out there and we all have our favourites so I'm sure you will get a lot of great recommendations from other geeks. I love Perron Rigot so that's the brand I recommend, but I think it good for therapists to get a few different waxes and give them a try for yourself and see which ones you prefer to work with...

Lots of the beauty suppliers sell kits for students which include a standard start up range of products.

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful.

I've tried loads and love PR Intimate 4 the best.

Love the PR intimate too x

I love Adam & Eve too!
Xx

Thanks everyone for all your replies x

Is there much of a difference between euroblonde and intimate 4?
Hi noreen
It's a much creamier consistency than EB similar to the other creamy waxes. I guess it depends on what you prefer or like working with.

Is there much of a difference between euroblonde and intimate 4?
I moved over to intimate and after several attempts just gave up and went back to euroblonde. I'm not really a fan of the creamier waxes.

Vic x

hmmm i do get on very well with euroblonde , but always like trying something new :) Might get a few bags of it and see how I get on :) Does it set quicker than euroblonde?

hmmm i do get on very well with euroblonde , but always like trying something new :) Might get a few bags of it and see how I get on :) Does it set quicker than euroblonde?
Yes it does. I found its texture almost plasticky and less forgiving than eb x

Essential Rose sets up really fast and in the summer I mix some of this together with my usual wax (Homme) as it sets much faster and if the room and the client is really hot you don't get that gummy texture that you can sometimes get when its very warm and humid.

It's lush! I found it a bit plastic feeling at first but now nothing compares. I did try Escential Rose a couple of weeks ago and liked it too so I've just ordered some of that alongside my usual intimate 4 and Mojito just for a change. After using Intimate 4 for a while I find any other wax just takes too long to set. Patience is a virtue that I just don't possess!

Latest posts

Back