Hot wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hi all
Just been playing with my new hot wax before i use it on a model, and was wondering how long do yo leave the wax after putting it on the skin to pullin off?! I tried it once for a few secs, it was still quite sticky but it pulled off ok, then the next time it was a bit longer i think, it had gone crispier, and hurt like hell to get off!
Thanks

If it's 'crispy' you may have left it slightly too long. What brand are you using and did you apply a light oil before applying the wax?

I think there might be a hot wax tutorial on here, will see if I can find it for you :hug:

usually would apply 2 -3 separate areas and by the time you finish the third application , . the first one should be ready to remove
hope that makes sence.
ciara

using salon system whilst i am still training. I didnt apply oil first as i didnt have any to hand!! i know thats naughty sorry!! Il try again tomorrow, as i can see why Wax queen raves about hot wax, once ive got the hand of it can tell its going to be so much better than warm wax!
d'ya know i love this site!

The pellets are harder than the bikini wax that comes in the tub, as this is more pliable (its a bit like putty if you get me). Obviously its not only for bikini's and you can use it on legs, under arms etc. I prefer it to the pellets, so it maybe worth giving it a try.

using salon system whilst i am still training. I didnt apply oil first as i didnt have any to hand!! i know thats naughty sorry!! Il try again tomorrow, as i can see why Wax queen raves about hot wax, once ive got the hand of it can tell its going to be so much better than warm wax!
d'ya know i love this site!

Hi doll, I don't use that brand but I would guess that you're leaving it too long before you remove. Why don't you try one of the new generation HOT waxes that are not hot LOL, they're warm and they don't go brittle at all. Perron Rigot Euroblonde is a fab wax for Brazilians and all round sensitive areas. It's applied in the direction of hair growth and it's brilliant. xxxx

There has been some sound advice on this thread. Once the wax has set then you can remove it. I always press the wax into the skin by applying a little pressure before removal.

There are lots of well respected new generation waxes out there that heat at a much lower temperature and are much more gentler on the skin which also results in a better finish for the client and for the therapist.

I have been lucky enough to have been be road testing a new wax since march, that is about to be launched into the UK in July from the USA and it is excellent at grabbing those fine hairs that sometimes get left behind.

When I was at college I used to cringe at the thought of hot wax as you had to apply it in a figure of 8 and thick. Now all I do is apply a thin strip in the direction of the hair growth and remove against the hair growth and voila a hair free strip.

Good luck and remember practice makes perfect !!!

Im wanting to send my girls on a course to do hot wax and the new generation waxes sound the way to go. I live in yorkshire and only course i can find are at sallys ad at a local college at the end of summer. Does anyone know of a good course i can sens them on to learn with the best products?

Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back