how about another NAILS ONLY day??? Mon 29th & Tues 30th May?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glorsclaws said:
Okay... so Im the slowest typer on the board! (replying to pen)
Pen, you & I seem to have knickers on the brain... think theres a thread in there somewhere, rofl!!!

PMSL!! that's exactly what i just thought!! x

I have to agree Sandi and the others - I found this site because I saw it advertised in a nail mag. I joined and even really enjoyed learning from the more experienced - geeks - sometimes I would look at some of the chit chat - but I predominately log on to look at the nails forum and the articles and tutorials.

I get fed up when I post or others post a nail related topic and it gets buried in amongst the chit chat and the sheer amount of posts - one day I logged on - and there was 926 unread posts - mainly all in chit chat :eek: If the main forum isn't being used/read as much as chit chat, then it is no longer a nail site is it? and imho and probably the more experienced geeks - this isn't what we signed up for.

Don't get me wrong I don't want chit chat to be removed - it does have its place and has helped many a geek - we just need to get a balance :green:

Glorsclaws said:
Okay... so Im the slowest typer on the board! (replying to pen)
Pen, you & I seem to have knickers on the brain... think theres a thread in there somewhere, rofl!!!
lmao Glo - we need to have a race it took me about 5 mins to type my reply ? - Love the nails only day idea:green:

Sassy Hassy said:
well there's only one now, so it may be popping up a lot, but at least it's just the one and much easier to ignore it if you need to. Every year the BB threads appear with no problems, but this year there were just too many ... and it's only the first week! Hence just one OFFICIAL one - any more will be deleted!

Thanks Sassy, I read your post about it.

I know you are a fan, but I just couldn't take it anymore !!:grr: :D

River

funkyfingers10 said:
yes i do agree that some people possibly do join for the chit chat and who maybe aren't even nail professionals and i can see that this would grate on some people as it is nail site.

just one other thing tho i do think the chit chat forum is probably in use more due to problems in people's everyday life outweighing peoples problems that they are having with nails that's probably why there's less posts but i do understand not everyone wants to hear about "what colour knickers should i wear today"!! also the search facility is avaliable too as most people's problems are what other people have had problems with in their nail career and therefore there's already a previous post about it.

anyway i'm waffling now!! i think the nail only day is a good idea, and if it wasn't the monday i'd be in but i'm of work and don't have internet at home xx
I love the chit chat forum and I have posted many a chit chat thread...mainly because I was going through some situations in my life that I needed friends advice, and that's what I feel we are here...friends, but with that being said the chit chat forum has gotten just downright trivial at best, I don't mind someone going through a problem and venting, but to come on here and open a thread asking "How may Geeks snore" is just IMO stupid...Gosh, I hope there's not really a thread on here about that, because I just pulled that out the clear blue sky!! :lol: Or "What are the Geeks having for dinner?" (I actually thought about starting the dinner one, but I caught myself :o) Things like that are more suited for your journal.

I enjoy the community feel of this site, but I enjoy more the knowledge that comes with it...so again BRING ON NAIL DAY!!!

funkyfingers10 said:
can i just ask a general question please?

why do people feel like this site is not about nails as much anymore? it has a main posting area for nails, nail art, it has tutorials for nails + and nail related articles. surely if people don't like the chit chat forum why do they go in, surely you'd just stay within the main nail forum and that's that.. sorted everyone's happy?

:hug: xx

That's what I was trying to get at.

I don't officially do nails (how very dare I indeed, Sassy!) so I stick to the Chit Chat forum and enjoy posting about other aspects of beauty.

A lot of the "drivel" on Chit Chat comes from 'Nail Professionals', not just people "looking for a chat." Perhaps reminding all geeks to try and only post relevant topics that are constructive and useful (to a degree, otherwise the 'chatty' aspect will be lost) would be more effective?

I don't know if you were referring to me when commenting about some geeks "taking it perosonally," jac extreme, but I took no offence whatsoever when Sandi first posted this idea up! I asked a simple question and a few people got on the defensive as though, I, a mere newbie, would dare begrudge them their Nails Only Day. Seriously, I was curious, I wasn't around when it last happened, and if you don't know about something you ask don't you?

Wasn't aimed at you mate, didnt see that post, must have got lost in all the drival :lol:

Hello everyone! Can I just point out that as far as I understand it, it is not a UK Bank holiday, but rather a Bank Holiday in England. As far as I know anyway - up here in Scotland it isn't a widespread holiday, the only people who get the day off are those working for English based companies who close down their offices.

As far as I know, *sob* :cry: Anyhoo, from what I have seen there aren't too many geeks in Scotland anyway so i'm just being pedantic lol Don't know about Wales or Ireland.

:)

oopsy seems i made a bit of a mistake with my dates... so, now you all know that Spain has a different calendar to the rest of the world lol, at least it does in my house :o

anyway... being as some peeps can't make the Monday, how about having the Nails Only for 2 days, the Monday and the Tuesday (29th and 30th) ?
I've asked Sassy to edit the title of the thread to include both dates, that way more peeps can contribute....
you've all got the whole weekend to come up with some inspiring and thought provoking NAILS threads :D
get your thinking caps on Geeks :idea:

Cara_S said:
Hello everyone! Can I just point out that as far as I understand it, it is not a UK Bank holiday, but rather a Bank Holiday in England. As far as I know anyway - up here in Scotland it isn't a widespread holiday, the only people who get the day off are those working for English based companies who close down their offices.

As far as I know, *sob* :cry: Anyhoo, from what I have seen there aren't too many geeks in Scotland anyway so i'm just being pedantic lol Don't know about Wales or Ireland.

:)

Just checked im my diary,it does say it's a uk bank holiday !?!?

Great idea to run it for two days Sandi,that way everyone gets a turn :wink2:

Gives us slow thinkers a chance to come up with something:lol:

Don't want to be a party pooper...and I really want to join in!!...but I think 2 days would just be taking it too far....
All that Chit Chat would just be piling up and there would be an explosion of it on Wednesday!!!! Don't you think...YES a Nails only DAY is Fab.....but we are a community and we all do check out the chit chat and 2 days without would be impossible...
both Glorsclaws and Ms Martrix have posted on this and I think they both hit the nail on the head and it is all about balance.( just like an enhancement in fact!) IMHO!!......

Oh and it is a holiday in Glasgow this weekend....but I will still be working!! ....no rest and all that...

The chit chat doesn't actually stop on Nails only day, but the emphasis is placed on nail threads rather than the other way round.

I don't think it makes much difference whether or not it is a Bank Holiday on Monday. Nails Only Days are fab and I will probably be doing all my housework or out and about on Monday but will catch up with all the nail related threads in the evening or when I can.

Sassy Hassy said:
The chit chat doesn't actually stop on Nails only day, but the emphasis is placed on nail threads rather than the other way round.

Ah:smack: ...OK Sassy...duly noted...that what I get for missing the last one.....will try and log on on Monday...maybe even think up a thread!

becki x said:
Just checked im my diary,it does say it's a uk bank holiday !?!?

Great idea to run it for two days Sandi,that way everyone gets a turn :wink2:

I don't know anyone who is off work up here, and all the shops etc will be open for business as usual. Hmm, i dunno, these things confuse me! lol Sometimes it just bugs me that UK seems to equate to England sometimes, whereas there is also Scotland, Wales and Ireland :)

Anyway, as I said, i'm just being pedantic as it doesn't really matter in this context......... i think the nails only day is a good idea, and I think whatever day it is, and whether it is a holiday or not, there will be lots & lots of contributors, just as there is on a daily basis.

I think a Nails only couple of days sounds a good idea. I also think as a fairly new Geek that the Chit chat part has got a bit daft. I'm also guilty of replying to daft threads but I don't think I started any! Your all gona check now!! :)

I do a lot of reading on this site & have gained a lot of knowledge from doing so. I choose to go into the Main or the Chit chat forums like everyone else on here has a choice. I don't like it when people get so hot under the collar about unrelated topics. If you don't like them, don't read them. I don't!

I do Nails but I'm no master like a lot on here so I will be logging on on Monday to learn even more.
This is a great site & to all those responsible, keep up the great work. :)

It sounds like a great idea I love asking questions even though some times they may look stupid to others:green: its nice to have people who know what they are talking about and no mater what the response you know its all meant with sincerity and not to offend:hug:

I have to agree that nails only day is a fantastic idea.

I am not a big fan of chit chat personally so i just log on to the main forum so i don't read them if i do not want to. I think it is great that we all have a forum in which to express our views be them personal or professional.

But that's the beauty of this site and our lives - we all have choices.

So bring it on...........:green:

Latest posts

Back