how about another NAILS ONLY day??? Mon 29th & Tues 30th May?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ValencianNails said:
what do you guys reckon... another NAILS ONLY day?

the last one went so well... what do you think... this coming Monday 30th May?
it's a bank holiday in UK so there should be quite a few peeps Geeking on and off that day.
Sandi, I love you, :hug: , I am so sick of reading about big brother.:lol: and I wish that some of the newbies would listen to advice given in good heart by more experienced geeks, instead of jumping down their throats, as it does tend to make people wonder why they should bother anymore.

Well done Sandi - Looking forward to Monday:hug:

I agree, it seems to have turned into a big brother forum! lolxx

ValencianNails said:
what do you guys reckon... another NAILS ONLY day?

the last one went so well... what do you think... this coming Monday 30th May?
it's a bank holiday in UK so there should be quite a few peeps Geeking on and off that day.

Hey Hun,

just to clairfy...is it Monday 29th may? or the 30th which is a tuesday?

xx

jac extreme said:
Sandi, I love you, :hug: , I am so sick of reading about big brother.:lol: and I wish that some of the newbies would listen to advice given in good heart by more experinced geeks, instead of jumping down their throuts, as it does tend to make people wonder why they should bother anymore.

Ditto - the last one was such a blast.

funkyfingers10 said:
Hey Hun,

just to clairfy...is it Monday 29th may? or the 30th which is a tuesday?

xx

Ha Ha...didn't think the time difference in Valencia was that much Sandi!!!!

I wish it could be Tuesday!! as I work on Mondays :irked: and won't be able to geek...but Tuesday I could Geek All Day!!!...:)

Great idea though and good to do every so often just to keep us all on our toes!!...

Sassy Hassy said:

Me too, in fact - why not make it a once a week/month thing? Then those people who don't come on that much anymore because of all the unrelated threads could at least have a time they could log on and know its all nail related!? xx

I doubt i will be in the house,as it's bank holiday,but if i am count me in too !!!!

yes that's a great idea as sometimes threads tend to waver towards a general chatroom.I love nails & beauty but obviously nails are my passion & i get lots of tips and ideas from the site. Look forward to that!:)

cheerio dazzle:eek:

can i just ask a general question please?

why do people feel like this site is not about nails as much anymore? it has a main posting area for nails, nail art, it has tutorials for nails + and nail related articles. surely if people don't like the chit chat forum why do they go in, surely you'd just stay within the main nail forum and that's that.. sorted everyone's happy?

:hug: xx

because this web site was set up as a nail forum for nail technicians not a chat forum, the chat forum on here has its place (we all use it) but it seems to be taking over. this point has been explained many times before.
can I just ask why so many of you take this so personally.

It's a good point Pen. However we must remember that this IS a nail forum for nail professionals. I love the chit chat forum and I think that this is such a friendly and supportive site that it would be a shame not to have it and make it a nails only forum.

However, sometimes I wonder whether people join this forum JUST to chit chat and that some aren't even nail techs at all (how very dare they!). It's about getting an even balance and sharing advice and opinions about nails AND chitchat and not just chit chat.

... and half the time people put their posts in the wrong forum anyway so you still get non related posts popping up in main, until they are moved out.

Hope that makes sense and you can see where this "Nails only day" theme has sprung from.

To be perfectly honest, the chit-chat forum is dominating this site to the extent that I'd rather do without the drivel. Chit-chat is fine so long as it doesn't take over which seems to be happening.

Sassy Hassy said:
It's a good point Pen. However we must remember that this IS a nail forum for nail professionals. I love the chit chat forum and I think that this is such a friendly and supportive site that it would be a shame not to have it and make it a nails only forum.

However, sometimes I wonder whether people join this forum JUST to chit chat and that some aren't even nail techs at all. It's about getting an even balance and sharing advice and opinions about nails AND chitchat and not just chit chat.

... and half the time people put their posts in the wrong forum anyway so you still get non related posts popping up in main, until they are moved out.

Hope that makes sense and you can see where this "Nails only day" theme has sprung from.

yes i do agree that some people possibly do join for the chit chat and who maybe aren't even nail professionals and i can see that this would grate on some people as it is nail site.

just one other thing tho i do think the chit chat forum is probably in use more due to problems in people's everyday life outweighing peoples problems that they are having with nails that's probably why there's less posts but i do understand not everyone wants to hear about "what colour knickers should i wear today"!! also the search facility is avaliable too as most people's problems are what other people have had problems with in their nail career and therefore there's already a previous post about it.

anyway i'm waffling now!! i think the nail only day is a good idea, and if it wasn't the monday i'd be in but i'm of work and don't have internet at home xx

jac extreme said:
Sandi, I love you, :hug: , I am so sick of reading about big brother.:lol: and I wish that some of the newbies would listen to advice given in good heart by more experienced geeks, instead of jumping down their throats, as it does tend to make people wonder why they should bother anymore.

AMEN to that ! Had enough of seeing threads about the "stupid house".

Bring on the nail threads !! :D

River

You know Pen, when the site first started, there was only nails, nothing else. :eek:
I was a noob in the industry so felt I had little of importance worth saying so didnt post too much. Sometimes there would only be a few posts a day... can you believe that! & I would really look forward to reading what the 'pros' had to say, I actually felt nervous when I posted a questions amongst 'the professionals'.
Ocassionally some-one would ask a question that was not entirely nail-related and it somehow didnt feel right in the 'main forum'. So Samuel created the Chit-chat forum for us and we all posted other questions in there, got to know each other a little better, told the odd joke and had the odd mess about. For a long time this worked but back then the site was relatively small, just a few thou or so.
I STILL like to go in Chitchat, post, tell the odd joke, ask questions that arent nail-related, and yes thats what its there for. BUT, I dont post for the sake of it, I dont post whatever comes into my head and I dont air all my problems to the world and feel the need to tell you all my knicker elastic just broke, etc!
I think the hardest thing for the ones who have been here so long, is seeing all the noobs joining who arent really interested in Nails and have come here to just use our Chitchat section, its so obvious from the tone of their posts. They seem to have a bout of posting diarrohea for a few months then disapear, but although they disappear which is great,but the general tone of the board is being lowered by these people because, as the next noobs join & see the types of trivia posted, they think that is the way the board is, and so they contribute in the same style. This is why some of us oldies seem a little sour to some of the noobs because we want to see the site as it was meant to be... a professional Nails forum that is capable of a little light banter... not a girly chat site with a little nails section.
Bring on Nails day!

Okay... so Im the slowest typer on the board! (replying to pen)
Pen, you & I seem to have knickers on the brain... think theres a thread in there somewhere, rofl!!!

River said:
AMEN to that ! Had enough of seeing threads about the "stupid house".

Bring on the nail threads !! :D

River

well there's only one now, so it may be popping up a lot, but at least it's just the one and much easier to ignore it if you need to. Every year the BB threads appear with no problems, but this year there were just too many ... and it's only the first week! Hence just one OFFICIAL one - any more will be deleted!

Im still a learner in the nails.When i first joined on here i hardly read the chit chat post but it does easily over take you i suppose being less experienced in nails it easier to post a thread on tripe than the real stuff.

But nails day is great i may not contribute much but its a great way of hearing from the experts:) and it has helped me progressing with my nails

Latest posts

Back