How can I get them to leave me alone???!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is none of their business!

I never discuss my personal life with clients, I think it's unprofessional. I try to keep subjects neutral, because I don't need half of town to know whats going on with me!

Try to limit amount of time talking about yourself and eventually they will get a message! Politely;)

Hugs

Nail designer with a twist;)

Could not agree more.

I get it alot too, what with my fertility suddenly dropping the instant I turned 35!!
We have been together a year and people wouldn't mention kids if we were 24/25 instead of 34/35 - drives me mad.
I almost feel like telling people I can't just to make them feel bad!
Take things at your own pace - don't be bullied! xx

Hi, just ignore those clients/family who keep pestering you. I'm 36 I've been with my husband 4 20yrs but we only got married 5yrs ago! We were too busy spending our money on fab holidays and enjoying ourselves!!!x

And just because your friends are "engaged" doesnt mean there relationship is more vaild than yours

Oh my god people who think like this drive me mad!!! Me and my boyf have been together nearly 5yrs and are perfectly happy, but purely because one of our mates proposed to his girlf (in our dirty local pub with no ring when he was blind drunk LOL) she constantly feels the need to tell me how much better their relationship is than ours. I just have to grit my teeth and smile sweetly when she does this, remembering that no-one likes her (including her boyf :green:)

Client's were the same with me, I used to say I don't agree with marriage, too many divorce's, a lot of money for one day, maybe one day I will but I'm happy and would rather pay the morgage that spend all that money on a wedding. Soon got them thinking and stopped asking. I'm now pregnant and they have started asking again, so I say it was either a baby or marriage and the baby won lol.

Allan and I are still not married after 17 years!!!

When I get asked, I just say "give him half of everything I own? No chance!"

Personally it is not an issue for us, we have better things to spend our money on.

Lol, the law must be different here, cause I say to them "Why spend $30grand on a wedding when I can already take him for half of everything"

We've been together for 6 years and I get asked almost daily when we're getting married/having babies :mad: We've talked about marriage and it's not something that's important to us, it's just a piece of paper in our opinions, but the way people act it's like if I don't force him to the alter immediately he's going to run off and marry someone else :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back