How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

• Pub or club

Votes: 90 24.9%
  • Gym

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Church

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Through friend or family

Votes: 84 23.3%
  • Internet

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 142 39.3%

• Total voters

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I was wondering how you all met your other halves.
Imet my husband at my own dinner table. He lived with my best friend from work and I invited them round to dinner............................................:o

Not much different from you Adele my hubby was my ex husbands friend.:lol:

I met my hubby in a local bar I was 19 at the time and he asked a mate for my number :confused: He then rang and asked me out and I said No lol my mum asked why I wasn't going to go out with him and I said well he has long hair and is a rocker, She said he maybe nice give it a go So I did and we have now been married for 17 years and together for 21 years :)

Not much different from you Adele my hubby was my ex husbands friend.:lol:

I still feel guilty even thogh both relationships were dead.

i went out with my hubby when we were at school (aged 15) we lost contact and didn't see each other for 8 years then one night i popped to a local pub to catch up with some friends (i was supposed to be in a different town going to a fireworks display but it was raining so i didn't bother!) and he walked in!!

we got together and 3 months later he asked me to marry him!! we celebrated our first anniversary on sunday

xx

I met my hubby when I left home at 15 and went to work in a big shooting lodge.
A few of us were down in the local village in the evening after we had finished work sitting in the park when he went passed in his car with loads of his mates and that was it he asked me out 3 days later:)
In July this year it was 20 years since we met and in October it will be our 17th wedding anniversary:eek:

Hi

I met my chap through my sister. He actually lent my brother-in-law his van when I had to do a runner from my ex! We had to move all my belongings out of our flat while he was at work cus he wouldnt let me leave him!

Anyway, we became friends and two years later we were together.

xx

I met my fella when I worked at a local cab company on the phones and he called for a cab. I was living up in Bolton at the time and he, too, had a southern accent. I perked up and said 'youre not from round here' and he said the same back. I ordered his taxi and we got on like a house on fire. I was in trouble for staying on the phone too long!! :eek:
About 10 mins passed and he called again, asking to speak to the 'southern girl' and complained that his taxi hadnt arrived to me. It had really, he was just winding me up and wanted an excuse to call back he said later!!

I told him I had a good joke that someone had texted me, he told me to text it to him, and of course thats how we exchanged numbers.
We talked and texted for 9 WEEKS before actually meeting. I didnt want the bubble to burst, he may have been a minger, or I might put him off with my weight issues etc.. but it was all good. I was soooo nervous though!! he said he would pop round for a tea before I was due to fly to my mum for week in Lanzarote. He arrived at 11. My flight was at 5am and had a taxi coming at 4am!! We chatted the time just flew by and before I knew it, it was half 3!!!!
He picked me up from the airport a week later and we have been together ever since. :green:

I believe it was fate, out of all the taxi numbers pinned on that board that night, he chose the one which I worked at, and out of all the people in our office answering phones, I was the one that picked it up!! FREAKY :lol:

i voted other
met mine on holiday

heres a thread someone did earlier ..:hug:

I met my hubby at work, he always says for him that it was love at first sight. It wasn't for me!!! I was already married. We hit it off as friend though. About 3 years later my ex-hubby ran off and left me. My hubby was a good friend to me and helped me through some tough times and then one thing led to another as they say! I love him to bits xxx

I met my hubby on yahoo chat rooms, we met in the May02 and got on really well, moved intogther the following April03 and was expecting baby by november03, married the following june04 and daughter came in July04 and I still think he is wonderful !

New my hubby to say hi to so asked him to be my Debut partner ( that was 20yrs ago!!).

I met my man through my best friend's boyfriend at the time.

We lived over an hour away from each other so Den and I only talked on the phone and wrote letters for the 1st 5 weeks, then met up at my friends house. I already knew that I loved him, before laying eyes on him. :eek:

My best friend and her boyfriend broke up only a year or so later and I truly believe that they were put together for that short while, so Den and I would meet. :hug:

I met my partner through my sister, he is her husbands best friend! My best friend is with their other friend too :eek:

I met my hubby working on a cruise ship sailing the Caribbean. Both of us worked on the ship and when he walked past me I said to a friend who was standing with me that he was the man I was going to marry. It took about a year to get together then I proposed and here we are. Happily married for just over 1 month...

Talk about love at first sight.

jacky:Love:

Meat mine on holiday in Torquay - just coincidence that we both came form Stoke on Trent.

Therefore voted other.

I met my Partner through a friend , her husband worked with him and set us up on a blind date . We have been together now for five years, :lol: we have a beautiful baby girl and plan to marry next year !

Rach xx

I met my hubby in a country music bar. I was there with my dad shooting pool. He was there celebrating his bday with his dad and friends. My girlfriend was with us. It was funny because I saw him and said to her
"I'm going to marry him" She laughed. Especially since I'd started a savings account to go to a sperm bank as I'd sworn off men, had been for a year. I was planning on starting a family on my own.

He thought I was with my 'sugar daddy' :rolleyes: as my dad is in a wheelchair and to slow dance, you gotta sit in his lap. He has a bald head and at the end of the dance, I dropped a smooch on top of his head.

He had asked the bar owner about me, and he told him "you don't stand a chance with her, she rebuffs everyone". Ha ha ha

8yrs later, a house, dog, cat & two kids...
it's crazy. I had never let a boyfriend sleep over or keep keys to any of my apartments. I had never shared an apartment etc.
Yet, within 3 mths, we had a shared apartment, bank account, and joint loan for our car..
I wouldn't advise moving that fast for everyone. :lol:

It's jsut one of those crazy things.:lol:

hi
met my hub in germany where he was serving in the raf. i was visiting a friend but they took me to a local bar and we met there...
he was actually engaged to be married but i didnt fancy him at that time anyway so there were no probs there.
we got talking and used to sit out in his car chatting till the early hours most nights but that was it...
anyway i got the impression that he wasnt really looking forward to getting married, he felt like he was being pushed into it.
so i just said to him you had better decide what you really want before you take the plunge..
i went home and a couple of weeks later i got a phone call from him asking if he could come and see me, it turned out that he went home, called off the engagement and decided that he wanted to see me again:green: .
we have now been married for 18 years and have two lovely girls aged 17 and 13. :hug:

deb x

Latest posts

Back