How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

• Pub or club

Votes: 90 24.9%
  • Gym

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Church

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Through friend or family

Votes: 84 23.3%
  • Internet

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 142 39.3%

• Total voters
Met My hubby whn i was on holiday in marmaris Turkey(hubby is Turkish), moved out there 1 year later (traveled all over Turkey in 5 star hotels as my hubby is a professiona dancer and done regular shows around differnt hotels & resorts) ...oooo how i miss it..:irked:.... stayed for 3 years and been in the Uk for 2years, we got married July this year...

I met my hubby by complete fluke over the internet.
I had moved to a new town, and was having a few drinks with a girlfriend whilst we set the computer up.
After a few more drinks lol.......we built up the courage to chat on line to someone within our own state.
We got chatting to this bloke of whom I seemed to have alot in common with, and eventually my friend and I plucked up the courage to ask him where he lived within out state. Crazy as it sounds, his responce was " I live in ???", we nearlly fell off our chairs, and we didnt tell him where we lived, because he was only a 5 minute drive away from us.
Within a few months, I decided that we should meet - 6 months later we were engaged, 12 months after that we had a son, and on our sond first birthday we got married.
We have now been married for 18mths.

Hi All

Met my husband whilst on holiday in Turkey.

Ive been Turkey about 13 times, used to go twice a year with my cousin, then one October she couldnt make it and as we had Turkish friends out there that we had become friends with over the years, i decided to go on my own.

On the plane i met 2 lovely girls who i became friends with one especially and when i ended up going to stay with her and thats where i met my husband.

Been together 4 years now, married just over 2 years and it goes to show some holiday romances do last, hes lovely and we are so happy, planning on house and baby next year.

Bye

Met my husband at a night club in 1999...... never thought night club meetings lasted but it did......... 5 1/2 years of marriage and 2 children later.....here we are ! luv im loads xxx

I met my guy while doing nails.
I wont subject any of you with the gory details.
He's mine, all mine :green:

I met my hubby in a small town bar where my Mom grew up. I couldn't remember what he looked like the next day...... Turns out that his Grandma and my Grandpa dated before they met their lifelong spouses. My Mom's Uncle gave my husbands Dad his first gun as a young boy. Needless to say, lots of family history there before we even met. Just celebrated 17 years on July 14th.:hug:

i met my husband at work and we have been together for nearly 5 years, but we only got married in oct 07:lol:

I met my husband when i was 14 or 15 in high school, we were taking the same music class with some mutual friends. I totally did the high school thing and made my friend ask him out for me lol. we dated for about two years then broke up. He joined the navy and moved to Virginia but we still kept in touch (sometimes). I found out a few years ago that he had moved back here, and told one of his friends to tell him that he better call me. So he showed up at my house instead! We were friends for about 6months and then he kissed me on New Years eve. aww. we've been married now for about a year and a half.
:) :hug:

I met my husband from 1300 miles away, in 2005 , on myspace.com
We were married in Sept. 2006 and are :)happy as clams !

I too met my hubby on-line, in a Yahoo chat room. Completely by chance! He was in the Northampton (UK) and me in Victoria, BC. I am lucky that he was brave enough to come visit me first. We were married X-Mas Eve 2000.

I met mine whilst working in my last job! Apparently I was the "annoying new girl who kept asking him lots of questions!". Two years later we have a house together, two kittens and he's just helped me open my own salon.

Love him to bits xx

I haven't got a husband/wife/partner as such boohoo:lol:
Nah only kidding I love the single life!!!!

I met my Husband 14 years ago went out with him a couple of time, then i found out he already had girlfriend so moved on and met someone else..... Then Seven years ago I bumped into him again a local disco where he was a bouncer, he ran me home had a coffee and chatted all night. He was still with the same girl from all those yrs ago and said he wasn't happy as it was just a habbit. six weeks later we were a couple decided to try for a baby and now we have a boy 22mths and a girl 8mths and happily married. And I love him to bitsxxxx

met my lovely 2nd hubby\soulmate & best friend on an AOL chat site ..was going thru a messy first divorce when i logged on just for something to do..got chating to him and built up a good friendship ..after many emails\chats and phonecalls later(1 yr) i decided to meet him and got on really well fell in love with him..we have been together 7 years and married for nearly 2 he is the kindest most supportive man i have known & love him.:)

I met Alex on a motorcycle ride out. We've been together for 3 years, and we're the odd couple as he's 20 years younger than me! The age difference doesn't bother us at all, but other people seem to find it "unseemly". Silly wotsits!

I meant my other half at the pub, nothing really interesting, but I was supposed to be being set up with his best mate!! We just hit it off immediately, and he got my number that night from a friend of mine. It was so annoying though as I had no money and no credit on my phone at that time but luckily I had his business card so had to email his work to tell him I was interested in seeing him again!! 2 years later we're very happy together, engaged and have a lovely family, he is the perfect daddy to my 4 year old, and we have a little boy together! All thats missing is we're not married:cry:!! Need to save up lots for that treat!!

I met my boyfriend at school. I told my story in the other thread

Well, my story is is a bit different, I moved into this area and didn't really know any one plus I took my sweet time getting to know my neighbours. I use to see him (my husband) now and again and he would say hi to me and I would say hi back. As you can imagine, I had a lot on my plate with the children so I had no time for anything or anyone else. I was doing my psychology degree at the time too. Then one day we met up at a local function and for the first time we got chatting about different things as you do. I thought he was new to the area and discovered that he had been around for years. Anyway to cut a long story short he asked me out and instead of saying yes or no I said :lol: "you don't even know me" to which he replied I do I have seen the way you care for your children and you are always smiling, joking etc. I said yes and we go married 3 years later on 14th Feb.

I met my hubby in school when I was 14. He was my 1st bf! We married last year, will have been together for 7 years in Dec, and have a 4 month old baby boy.

Latest posts

Back