How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

• Pub or club

Votes: 90 24.9%
  • Gym

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Church

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Through friend or family

Votes: 84 23.3%
  • Internet

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 142 39.3%

• Total voters
thanks for always having lovely things to say to my threads. u sound like a lovely person x

I met him on my 18th birthday

He was working at Waffle House (a 24-hr/day breakfast and short-order diner for all the UKers)

I went there when I got off work at 8pm, Greg was cooking.
He says he saw me in the reflection of the window so he told the waiter he'd bring the food to the table.

I didn't want anything to do with him, but after eating I went out to the parking lot for a smoke. He had just finished his shift and came out to bum a cig even though he didn't smoke (!)We hit it off and the rest is history.

By the way he is still working at Waffle House! LOL

new tio this but a good way to start.....I met my husband dancing on a table in salou 18 years ago married for 15 a successful holiday romance!!!!!:lol:

I met my fella at work. Apparently he liked me from the off but I took a bit of time to warm to him - I panicked somewhat when I was told he liked me!! Then, after a few too many at the Christmas do, we kissed and the rest is history - been together 5 years on Dec 14th!

met mine by mistake - id lost me voice - he lived next door and is a taxi driver, so i knocked on door and whispered "can i have a taxi please" - the rest is history

I was introduced to my hubby via a friend the very first night I went onto the internet. My friend introduced us through icq. He was an internet helper for newbies and we were getting along like old friends within a couple of hours. We met up for a drink 2 months later after many hours of chatting online and started dating after about 4 months. He lived about 20 miles away. After 6 months of dating he moved in with me and my two girls and we married 18 months later. We have now been married for 8 years and have a 3 year old little boy together.

Appart from his 'obsession' with EveOnLine .. we are extremely happy and our relationship is stronger than ever. He started with this game Eveonline, when I started with my nail career as he felt I spent more time with my 'nail trainer' than with him and he 'needed' some entertainment in the evenings lol! At least he is at home and not off down the pub every night .. :)

We had a fabulous wedding and honeymoon ... meeting up with friends in Perth Austrailia and Sydney before flying off to Fiji as that was a childhood dream of mine to visit Fiji and it was everything I had dreamed it would be. We are going to go again when we get to our 25th year anniversary .. so only another 16 years to wait and save! lol!

went out with girl-friends into wolverhampton...girl-friends ended up in a fight, got arrested and taken away in a police van....i was left on my own, got talking to the door man, colin, when he asked my for my number, i said no, although i liked him....but would come back to the wine bar again to see him. that was 2months later, he asked me again for my number, still i made excuses not to give it him.
a few days later, arriving home from work, a cassette had been put through my door with a mobile number inscribed on the label, i rang to hear who it was.....the door man, colin, who must had followed me home.........that was 14 years ago, and we are still happy together. bless him.:hug:

:Love: I met my hubby on a girls night out (to try and cheer me up after the break up of my last b/f.). One of my mates new him and introduced me to him and things went from there really. i didnt start going out with him for few weeks as wanted to get to know him and didnt want him to think i was on the rebound!!
and 5 1/2 yrs later we are married and have a wonderful little girl called chloe.:hug: :Love:

My husband was my dentist for 3 years. We were both married. Then he split with his wife and my husband passed away and we just got together. The funny thing is both our daughters were in the same class and we never knew!

I add mit i am a TART:cry:.... i met my hubby whilst clubbing.... uummm you say whats so tarty about that... well be prepared to be discusted..:eek:

I was out to get layed.. yes layed.... as i had just left the first hubby and wanted to get out there...hahaha... only to meet the perfect gentleman... i did not get layed and ended up getting remarried:irked::irked::irked::irked:

Something not quite right i know:lol::lol::lol:

He fixed my car....hes a mechanic.

Ohh he had big muscles and tanned body and car oil all over him, was hot so his overalls were half off :lol:

I met my boy on a foot ball field. He was the coach of my best friends team and it was love at first sight on his behalf lol i took a little longer and now we have been together for almost nine months:green:

I met my husband in a night club called Heaven through friends of friends. And here we are today 13 years later. We married 3 years later and now have three beautiful kids.
I am sure all the Adelaidians on the site will recognise the name of the night club.
xxx:green:

I was teaching First Aid for the Red Cross and he came in to join. Strangely I absolutely hated him the first 12 months I knew him, I couldn't stand being in the same room as him, then something just clicked we have been Married 17 years in October this year.

Joan

I met my hubby in the local pub. I'd been going there for a while and it has been his local for a while. I went to school with his sister, and knew who he was through his sister and my mates boyfriend.

Then one night my friend and I went to the pub and there he was.....I said to my mate that I really liked him, so her boyfriend (his mate) told him and he said that he really liked me aswell!! lol...so childish!!

Anyway, we exchanged mobile numbers and text each other, had our first date, within 1 week I knew he was 'the one', after 4 months I was pregnant eekkk!! Then 18 months later pregnant again, then engaged, we then had 2 beautiful children. And finally we were married this year on June 13th, and have been together for 6 years now.

A real whirlwind as far as falling in love goes...........

i met my man at a nightclub

he is a promoter and music producer

once he saw me shaking my thang on the dancefloor, that was it

he has been hooked ever since

At the greengrocers at the top of my road where i lived. He offered to deliver my order and the rest is history ..............

I met my hubby when he was an engineer for the roads dept., there he was in his flourescent jacket and holding a clipboard and I thought ohh he looks a bit of alright (must have been suffering from the night before!)

Anyhoo he had seen me at a T In The Park and thought "ooh she looks alright, and looks as if she has a few bob too, bet she drives a soft-top", little did he know I was a single mother on income support!!!!

It turned out he was a friend of my cousin and we've been happily married for 12 years now. By the way he was a tad disappointed that I didn't have a soft-top just a 2 year old and a Monday book!!!!! Love is.................:)

Aw, isn't this lovely? It's really nice reading all your happy stories.

I met my husband just as he started seeing my friend and I really liked him right from the start. They got married but it only lasted 18 months. When they split up and divorced, he asked me out and it just blossomed from there. We've been married for nearly 2 years now and are SO happy together! He was worth the 5 year wait.

I voted other , My hubby was my boss - we met in 1996 when i was just 19 and a trainee manager in a pub and he was 34 and the Head chef - moved in together 2 weeks after we met (well after we got found out & fired lol) and 11 years later we're still together,

Latest posts

Back