How do I find the right equipment and matererials to get started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly :)

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the best materials,equipment etc... are? Im saving to do a course with cnd, but i want to get to know all the basics of whats really involved? I want to be a mobile tech so any tips or advice is welcome. Please help me?? Lol x
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
the best way to do it is to wait for your course as you will be supplied with all the correct products when you start.

you are best doing lots of reading on here to gain as much understanding as possible. as well as that you may like to invest in some books such as doug schoons product chemistry and the complete nail technician by marian newman. we have some very good tutorials on the navigation bar too.

its natuaral to be enthusiastic but dont be tempted to have a go util you have been shown the correct techniques or you may start some bad habits or even worse, do some damage.

exciting though isnt it :)

the best way to do it is to wait for your course as you will be supplied with all the correct products when you start.

you are best doing lots of reading on here to gain as much understanding as possible. as well as that you may like to invest in some books such as doug schoons product chemistry and the complete nail technician by marian newman. we have some very good tutorials on the navigation bar too.

its natuaral to be enthusiastic but dont be tempted to have a go util you have been shown the correct techniques or you may start some bad habits or even worse, do some damage.

exciting though isnt it :)

What she said :green:

Seriously though, wait. You will get everything you need on the course. xx

As everyone has said, CND supply everything you need to create beautiful enhancements in the kit which is included in the price of your course.

Anything else you need like manicuring tools or extras you can purchase from CND and the quality of everything is the best.

Have patience (difficult I know) and your trainer will lead the way for you. x

thanx everyone....im really glad i found this website and am getting advice from you all....really is helping, i will take all you've said and look into the things you've all said... geeg-thank you for that i was wondering what the tools of the trade included from their training...wasnt detailed and just wondered. does anyone know how to get the products from cnd, iv noticed alot of companies claiming to supply but really dont want to get taken for a ride. would make sense to see what money il need to start up after qualifying as i have to pay for living costs too!!

thanx everyone....im really glad i found this website and am getting advice from you all....really is helping, i will take all you've said and look into the things you've all said... geeg-thank you for that i was wondering what the tools of the trade included from their training...wasnt detailed and just wondered. does anyone know how to get the products from cnd, iv noticed alot of companies claiming to supply but really dont want to get taken for a ride. would make sense to see what money il need to start up after qualifying as i have to pay for living costs too!!

Once you start on the course, you will be entitled to use the Sweet shop.
This is the shop at the training center at Sweet Squared, I think you said you are in Plymouth? So you'll probably find it easier to use their on line shop. Unless there is a subsidiary training center nearer to you:eek:
This is restricted to CND trained techs and I know at the moment you are itching to get your hands on things BUT once you have done your training to, you will really appreciate it that only nail professionals can get hold of these high quality products. It is so blinking annoying to learn how to use a product properly and then find your clients getting your products for themselves and then coming back to you when they mess up.:irked:
Start up costs, well just from my training kit, I had enough after training to recoup the cost of kit and training. But be warned it is very easy to buy far more kit then you need because there is so much extra that you don't NEED but WANT just so you can practice doing stuff that the average client isn't interested in, just keep in mind that average clients are our bread and butter:lol:

totally understand what your saying, its good only once your qualified that you are aloud to make purchases of products, i meant that i need a real idea of what further cost will be involved as i have to pay for my own rent and bills from my wage, i dont get much to save after that but im determined to save as much as possible....i even gave up my social life and my beloved passion of benefit make up as it takes alot of my money...lol. when you say you had enough left over from your kit after training to recoup kit and training costs, do you mean il be able to make the money back to buy more kit materials....this would probally be a great help if that is the case!!!! did you charge anyone that you were training on to cover your costs? if so how much?? :)

totally understand what your saying, its good only once your qualified that you are aloud to make purchases of products, i meant that i need a real idea of what further cost will be involved as i have to pay for my own rent and bills from my wage, i dont get much to save after that but im determined to save as much as possible....i even gave up my social life and my beloved passion of benefit make up as it takes alot of my money...lol. when you say you had enough left over from your kit after training to recoup kit and training costs, do you mean il be able to make the money back to buy more kit materials....this would probally be a great help if that is the case!!!! did you charge anyone that you were training on to cover your costs? if so how much?? :)

All of your communication should be through Sweet Squared 08452106060 where the girls there will be happy to talk to you and answer all of your questions. They are so lovely and you'll feel like you've made a friend as soon a you speak to them.

Sweet Squared is the sole legal licensed distributor for CND in the UK they also have other associates but your first communication should always be through them .. all class bookings for the whole country are done through them as well ... give them a call. :hug:

Latest posts

Back