how do i use shells?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock*

Reaction score
on this site i heard of shells. here in the usa the trend hasnt gotten to us yet. i had my supplier get me some. i have strips and loose ones.....now ive tried 2 sets on me using the stuff, but i have NO clue how to do it...the strips i just put on the tips then put l&p over and gel for shine but it then it literally peeled off.the loose i put a thin l&p coat then pressed it in but when i filled in with pink it would mix and i only wanted it on the tips...it looks great but i wanted more shell and i kept brushin off. i NEED to master this cause i want to be the first and only tech to offer this!!! there has to be an easier way that what im doin.....HELP!!!!!!

i think on the NSI dvd it says to get a ball of L&P and dip it into the shells? (been a while since i watched it) then continue as normal, have you tried doing it that way?

that is what i have done, mix the shell with powder an apply to the tips then continue as normal doing beads 2 and 3 like i would forever french - does that make sense!!?

ty...so id just mix like i would glitter???

thats what i do

I'm loving shell tips at the mo.
Here are the shell sculpts I have on at the mo

I also found it easier to mix my crushed shell with the powder, as you would a glitter. I mixed mine with a clear to allow the light reflect all the colours in the shell. I sculpted a tip with the clear/shell mix then used my pink as you would a P&W.
They can be a bit fiddly to get a good smile line.
As for the shell sheet, I recently found out from NSI that the best way to use this is to use a punch. You know the punches you can get to punch out hearts, stars etc from your tips, well use them to punch out the shapes in the shell sheet, then either encase them in L&P / gel or secure it under a top coat. I haven't tried this out yet.
Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing some pics!

cant believe we actually got something before the u.s.a :eek:

Latest posts

Back