How do you apply tiny amounts of nail adhesive???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyb

Reaction score
I want to know how you can apply a tiny dot of nail glue to the nail when applying nail art? I tried to put a tiny spot on my nail using the glue container dropper, but loads flooded out & went all over my nail. Do i need a specific glue for nail art with a smaller dropper or do i need a tool to dip into the glue & then put onto the nail.

I know i'm probably asking a really dumb question to those in those in the know, but i'm just starting out, so have been practising some bits & pieces on my own nails first.

Thanks everyone - in advance.

Rebecca x :confused:

Just improvise hun and use what ever you can get your hands on,
a cocktail stick,
darning needle,
anything that is thin on the end, just touch the tip of it in your glue and transfer to the nail, hth :hug:

I would have said the same as loubylou, another tip put some blutack on the end of an orange stick (the pointy end) roll it into a point and use that to pick up rhinestones etc much less fiddly than using your fingers :green:

I've been using a tiny dot of top coat instead of glue & then using an orange stick to put the rhinestone on, then a coat over the top. Dont know if this is right or wrong!

Ok confession time.... I use a cocktail stick and use one end to apply a tiny bit of adhesive and the other end to apply the gem....but as we all know the cocktail stick works better at picking up a gem when slightly wet and I have this terrible habit of licking the end of the cocktail stick to do this.....so when i applied a dab of adhesive with one end and then used the same end to lick instead of the other end it didn't end up very well.....cocktail stick stuck on your tongue is so not a good look....:lol:

Ok confession time.... I use a cocktail stick and use one end to apply a tiny bit of adhesive and the other end to apply the gem....but as we all know the cocktail stick works better at picking up a gem when slightly wet and I have this terrible habit of licking the end of the cocktail stick to do this.....so when i applied a dab of adhesive with one end and then used the same end to lick instead of the other end it didn't end up very well.....cocktail stick stuck on your tongue is so not a good look....:lol:

Ha ha had to laugh at this as I thought I was the only one who ever done this. I have to admit it does the job,,,usually lol. xx

Lol at the licking,
What about using a brush on adhesive? or if it is flooding the nail maybe a thicker adhesive like gelbond more controle with that . ^_^

Bagpuss :lol: I defy anyone who can 'hand on heart' say they have never done this! ( so what, the stick doesn't touch the client, only the 'thing')

Why would anyone use adhesive for this?? Polish does the job perfectly well. i.e. apply layer of top coat, pick up 'thing's' with a pointed bit of blu tak and place on the wet polish. As long as it's not a super fast drying version, there is time to place loads. Then apply another coat over the top to keep in place

Thanks for all your replies. I never thought i'd have such a laugh from one question, but it has to be said i've had a bit of a rubbish day & reading this post has definitely brought a smile to my face!!!!

Rebecca :green: xx

:lol: sticking glue to tongue.......ohhhhh my!!

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but this is when it comes in handy to learn to control your bottle of adhesive. Using pressure to start and then backing off on the pressure when you see the adhesive coming down the extender tip. Watch the adhesive as it comes down the extender and learning how much pressure to give and let off to get the ahesive where and how much you want is key. Hope this helps anyway!

i usually use one of the little centre pieces from my forms and squeeze a little adhesive on to it and then use a cocktail stick to pick up a little spot of glue and apply it to the nail.

I've been using a tiny dot of top coat instead of glue & then using an orange stick to put the rhinestone on, then a coat over the top. Dont know if this is right or wrong!

:) thats what i do too! :)

Latest posts

Back