How Do You Choose What Product Line???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert666

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm new to this (both site and doing beauty) but I was wondering if anyone can help me. How do you decide what product brand to use?
I quite like using Dermalogica on myself but how do you go about getting it for a business and what about the training etc etc???...
Any help muchly appreciated, thanks!

:eek:

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this (both site and doing beauty) but I was wondering if anyone can help me. How do you decide what product brand to use?
I quite like using Dermalogica on myself but how do you go about getting it for a business and what about the training etc etc???...
Any help muchly appreciated, thanks!

:eek:

Hiya and welcome to the Salon Geek.

The first thing I would say is to complete any training before committing yourself to any particular product brands. You will learn an awful lot about product brands, treatments and what your preferences would be from this site, as well as all the trade magazines that are available.

Why dont you tell us more in your profile about what training you are doing, have done and what your plans are for the future.

Happy Geeking!

Things to consider would be.How much you can afford, many of the bigger companies have a minimum outlay and some specify how many treatment rooms you have to have before they supply you.
What age is your client base can you afford more than one range,some skin companies lean more towards anti ageing.You may want a company with a very broad range from acne to anti ageing.
What do you want from a product things like natural ingredients ,not tested on animals things like that.
Local competition What products are being used in other local salons.

Good place to start and best place to see all ranges, get samples and see demos are the beauty trade shows.There is excel in march.

i agree with theresa and gill so all i want to add is welcome to the site!!xx

Hi and welcome,

for me it was a case of doing lots and lots of research via professional magazines and the internet.Set up costs can vary hugely from company to company and sadly this can sway you into whatever decision you make because unfortunately we aren't all loaded, so cant take on whatever brand we want regardless of repuation etc.(some of these product lines cost thousands to set up,some wont let you be mobile,whilst using their products,some require you to have more than one treatment room in your salon)It's not easy:eek:

Emailing or calling various companies and asking for samples is a good idea as well as going to various salons for treatments and seeing what you personally like.

Be prepared to do an awful lot of groundwork,make sure that not too many salons in your area will be usng the same product line as you or this can make things difficult with enticing new clients,i.e price wars and ill feeling.

Also sometimes it takes several contacts from you to even get a sample sent to you,it can feel like your interests are not appreciated at all as I and many others have found out,remember if they can be like this with you as a potential new client what will they be like after?(customer service,help etc)

Anyway,hope some of this helps.There are many wonderful facial product lines out there,some aren't very well known but are just as good,dont rush into anything,it's probably one of the most important decisions you will make for any beauty business and the most expensive,other than equipment.

Good luck and happy hunting:hug:

Latest posts

Back