How do you clean your tent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
I was just interested in how everyone maintains their spray tanning tents.
I know sounds like a strange question to ask but was hoping to pick up some tips.
I find mine gathers tan off the overspray and each time i fold it it must run as i get watermark type stains from the tan. I find im cleaning it all the time. I go around the clear panels with a soapy spounge and clean then wipe then dry , i wash the inside and mop the bottom then dry out with old towels, and leave to dry properly before folding. The other day there was tan on the bottom which was kinda arkward , i had to tip it over "if any one had of looked in my windows they woulda thought whats she doing" haha:) But al always feel it could be cleaner , i am going to buy a car tree freshner to attatch to the inside to keep it smelling fresh as no matter how much i clean it the smell of tan is still there.

What do you do to keep your tent .....sparkling **** lol :green:

I wash mine in the garden with a hose! My friend does hers in the jetwash but be careful as her logo started to come off! I always pick a sunny day & it dries really quickly.
I dont feel the need to wash it after every tan tho. I probably do it every 10 - 15 tans.
Caroline xx

I wash mine in the garden with a hose! My friend does hers in the jetwash but be careful as her logo started to come off! I always pick a sunny day & it dries really quickly.
I dont feel the need to wash it after every tan tho. I probably do it every 10 - 15 tans.
Caroline xx

what a good idea my friend has a power hose, ill try it:)

I hose mine in the back garden as well :) x

Yeah I jet wash mine once a month it works a treat and just get some baby wipes in between and use couch roll. X

Every 10-15 tans! oops I wipe mine each night but hasn't had a proper hose down in ages ! Guess il b busy this weekend ha xx

Lol i hosed mine out before and my mums cream patio was covered in tan she wasnt impressed lol! it was everywhere!

I get soapy water and a sponge, I also use a bit of antibacterial spray :) x x

I use a garden hose or a steamer x

Me too, the garden hose and a sunny day. It dries so quickly in the sun!

Couch roll after a tan and then back garden with some Milton anti-bac and the garden hose... still haven't found a way to keep it standing though - the wind usually tips it over and I'm frightened it'll blow away!

Garden hosing EVERY time!

Not recommended is to take a pressure washer to tent as much high pressure made a tear in fan panel that could not be repaired.

Much gentle pressure with garden hose as you say is the best method I find.

Defo hose pipe inside and out comes up like brand new everytime its so easy, must be dry before putting it down as find clear plastic goes milky for a while, clears eventually but doesnt happen when nice and dry :lol:

i hose mine in the garden too!!! but it blew over and a rose bush went through it, i had to take it to the people that did my sign writing and they repaired it for me haha x

Caro just put something like a 2 litre bottle
Of drink as a weight and that will keep it in place for u.

Got the typhoon fan in my tent and since purchasing the maximist 5008 cleaned tent out once in approx 8 weeks and that wasnt a deep clean didnt really need it. Just spray warm water thr gun on inside of tent, wipe over with kitchen roll. I did take mine to the jet wash when I first started out 3 yrs ago and yes, it did blast thr the roof panel splitting it to shreds!! Wouldnt recommend that method.ad to pack it up discretely and hoped no one in the queue noticed!! Never had to garden hose it so cant comment but sounds much more sensible!:eek:

I hose mine out in the garden too usually after about 10-15 tans, if for some reason the weather is rubbish or have been mega busy, I give it a good mopping out indoors it does the job for a short while.

yep, hose all the way! My garden very often has a river of tan flowing through it! :green:

Latest posts

Back