How do you disinfect your nail files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stimpyroo

Reaction score
I am just curious different ways every disinfects their files I have been taught to wash and soak for a minimum of 10 mins... However certain files just can't be soaked or they become soft so I buy in bulk and dispose of them

Any tips or shares would be helpful :)

I brush the dust off of them then spray with MUndo file and abrasive disinfectant spray.
I don't think this brand is available in the U.S. but there should be some equivalent spray you can use.

Same as above, quick and easy. I like to do this in front of the client too x

Same as above but for feet I use a new one and give it to them after.

Me too, I always spray them before and after a client, got a bottle in each of my kits as I'm mobile x

I spray them with my soap and water spray (1 pump CND Scentsations wash in a spray bottle of water) to dampen them slightly, brush well with a nail brush (to remove dust) then spray with Mundo Hard Surface Spray and leave to air dry. x

I brush the dust off of them then spray with MUndo file and abrasive disinfectant spray.
I don't think this brand is available in the U.S. but there should be some equivalent spray you can use.

We have barbicide :)

Thanks I should try that instead of throwing them away constantly... do you also reuse finishing blocks??

I spray them with my soap and water spray (1 pump CND Scentsations wash in a spray bottle of water) to dampen them slightly, brush well with a nail brush (to remove dust) then spray with Mundo Hard Surface Spray and leave to air dry. x

Hi, I have just purchased Mundo file and abrasive disinfectant for this purpose (rather than disposing of files every time or giving to the client). Could I ask how many times you reuse a file before disposing of it? Thanks ever so much x

I scrub them with scentsations they spray with mundo and air dry :)

Good question! When I worked for a nail bar they used a uv cabinet so when I started up this is what I got but its interesting to know that you can spray them! Where can you order the cleanser from?

Good question! When I worked for a nail bar they used a uv cabinet so when I started up this is what I got but its interesting to know that you can spray them! Where can you order the cleanser from?

Sweetsquared sell the Mundo file and abrasive disinfectant. HTH x

I use barbicide for my metal tools, not for my files. Like others have said I spray with Mondo. I like to do this at the end of a treatment in front of the client and at the start of the treatment in front of the next client, I know I am spraying twice but the clients like to see the high standard of hygiene. I use my files until they need replacing, ie they start to look tatty or they abrasion is wearing. However if for whatever reason you cut a client with your file, you cannot disinfect and reuse, you have to either dispose of it in the correct manor or give to your client.

I give them away to the client, wouldn't want a nails file that had been used on someone else

You can get Mundo products from your CND supplier in Edinburgh, The Fingertips Centre.

What is in Mundos spray? I live in Australia and cant get it easily. I dust then use isopropyl as taught in my course

Latest posts

Back