How do you do your french polish??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what order do you apply your french polish in

• pink then 2 coats of white on the tip

Votes: 105 24.4%
  • white tip then pink over the top of the white

Votes: 302 70.2%
  • i never polish french just airbrush it on

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • i never polish french i hate it ... too fiddly for me!

Votes: 15 3.5%

• Total voters
I use Essie polish, so I do First Base Basecoat, Picket Fence for the white, and if they don't have a preference to pink, I use Potato Fields over that, it's a creamy, natural glaze. I finish off with To Dry For topcoat.

I do base coat two white,pink then top coat,but i think i will give Gigi's method a try !!!!!

I use:-

Stickey Base
White x 2
Pink
Shiney

I have always done basecoat, white then sheer colour followed by topcoat. But may well try doing it the other way around as you guys do

Joan

I do: Orly Base Coat
One Coat of Pink Lilac
One Coat of Pure White
Finish with Top Coat and Glosser

I know, everyone here is so Creative devoted! That's cool though. personally I do

1.White tip with Essies Blanc. (Clean the smile line with a small brush)
2.1 coat Stickey over this
3.1 thin coat of Essies Madamoiselle or Allure
4.Cover with Seche Vite

Base Coat
Pink
white on the tip
Then top coat

When painting french, this is mine :
first paint the french, making the smile line crispy with a brush and
nailremover, then i don't use pink, i always use a clear enamel on top
of the whole nail. Looks very natural and stays for about a week...
Do it the same way on my own toes... Very quick and lovely in summer!

grtz, Nailshine...

I used to do the pink first them white last but have found I get a much nicer finish doing it the other way round, still find French Manicure with Nail Enamels tricky and need a very steady hand! I much prefer the permenant French Manicure I do on gel enhancements.

geeg said:
Stickey base Coat
1 thin coat of Beaux (my favorite colour for French)
One coat of Creme Puff (or 2 if necessary but usually not)
1 thin coat of Beaux
Super Shiney Top Coat

This creates a smooth even surface which looks perfect.

this is exactly what i do too....

thank god gigi does the same.. was beginning to wonder if i was doing something wrong......!!!

I do many Creative P&W L&P but when I do a natural nail french polish i use:
Seche Clear (Base Coat)
Seche Blanc (for a natural look french) or Essie Blanc or Marshmallow (for a bright white finish)
Seche Rose
Seche Vite (Top Coat)

- one coat of each

Colours glide on beautifully and always last at least a week.

stickey
two coats of creme puff
1 coat of beau or negligee
super shiney
solar speed spray

I usually do
Cream Puff Tips
Negligee, Sheer Contentment or similar
Out the Door
Dry and Shine

But I have been having problems with the pink streaking.
On clients who need coverage I apply 2 coats of pink, which does help with the streaking but also covers the white.
On clients with nice nail beds I have been been missing out the pink all together and just using top-coat. Looks really fresh and clean and is brilliant for an express French
HTH
KxXx

ATM I just do my own using Nails inc American as a base then a ivory/white tip followed by top coat. Haven't got any creative enamels (yet) :cry: .

On clients with nice nail beds I have been been missing out the pink all together and just using top-coat. Looks really fresh and clean and is brilliant for an express French
HTH
KxXx
I often do this on my own nails, looks neat & is real quick!

I often do this on my own nails, looks neat & is real quick!

thats cos you have nice beds hunnio..... its nt fair im stuck with horrid diddys......lol:lol:

i hate painting a french manicure by hand.i always think an airbrush looks better,although i dont have one.thats why i use a white tip then pink acrylic.i personally think it looks better.xxxxxxxxx

Hello, can I just ask about the nail fresh thing, do you use a base coat first cause I wondered if the nail fresn would take the base coat off? Just asking beacuse I am going to be doing manicures soon and what would be best.
kind regardsxx

Stickey base Coat
1 thin coat of Beaux (my favorite colour for French)
One coat of Creme Puff (or 2 if necessary but usually not)
1 thin coat of Beaux
Super Shiney Top Coat

This creates a smooth even surface which looks perfect.

I've never tried a coat of the pinky colour under and over the white, going to have to give that a try!

ATM I just do my own using Nails inc American as a base then a ivory/white tip followed by top coat. Haven't got any creative enamels (yet) :cry: .

Nothing wrong with Nails Inc though! I worked for them last year in their Bristol branch! Loved it, fab brand!

Latest posts

Back