How hard are you prepared to work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you wait til you try professional products, it's the difference between driving a reliant robin and a rolls royce (haha just notived they have the same abbreviation!) - both get you from a to b, but one is a pleasure and one is bloody hard work!

I changed from Rio to Brisa Gel. I find the Brisa so much easier to work with and the end result is much more natural looking.

OOps now you've opened a real can of worms I'm afriad. Sorry hun but this is where I have to say that what you are now doing IS wrong. You see you can only get Brisa from the official distributor with proper training, which means you must have got it from other means. This is not good because you don't know that what you are using is really Brisa (it could be counterfeit), but also that you dont know if you are using it properly which could then give the brand a bad name. And please please don't say you are using Brisa with the Rio lamp because that's just an over exposure problem for your family waiting to happen. You HAVE to use the Brisa lamp

I changed from Rio to Brisa Gel. I find the Brisa so much easier to work with and the end result is much more natural looking.
hmmmm :eek:
without training in the first place?
how is this possible without buying it illegally from abroad OR buying from ebay?

there is NO comparisson between Rio and Brisa, it pains me to say them both in the same sentence :eek:

Ofcourse Brisa is easier to work with, it's a professional product and definitely NOT in the same league as Argos bought Rio...

I'm beside myself to be honest with you, firstly that you can access Brisa so readily and secondly that you've admitted to using it :!:

she may have bought it at a trade show ?

Doesnt alter the fact that she is using a product that she knows nothing about and a product that she should NOT be using without CND training....I am sorry but this makes my blood boil:irked: :irked: :irked:

Doesnt alter the fact that she is using a product that she knows nothing about and a product that she should NOT be using without CND training....I am sorry but this makes my blood boil:irked: :irked: :irked:

Me too but you can tell by all the posts she is not going to change, more the pity:irked:

no, i do see your point, but if she doesnt have creative training she wouldnt realise that you arent supposed to be able to buy or use it unless you have had the training.

no, i do see your point, but if she doesnt have creative training she wouldnt realise that you arent supposed to be able to buy or use it unless you have had the training.

I think these days anyone can access just about any product they like with or without training. Sallys sell nail products to the public and if i ever go to the wholesalers there is nothing to stop me walking out with a trolley full of hair colours etc, that i have no idea how to use !

Before i did my nail training i thought there was nothing to it, didn't even consider the anatomy of the nail, health & safety etc. until during/after i had done my training. So Keron not knowing what we know probably can't understand the potential damage she is doing but now after reading this entire thread i hope that you will get yourself booked on a decent course pronto !!

Well I guess you could say who is to blame, the buyers or the unscrupulous ebay sellers? They just make a quick buck without any thought to upholding the standards of the industry or the brand .... unfortunately we live in a very corrupt and greedy world where morals and ethics are shoved to the bottom drawer for the sake of the dollar (euro, pound or whatever your currency). I think it would be unfair to pick on Keron, although I'll admit my chin hit the floor when she said she used Brisa. But now armed with the correct information it is up to the untrained individuals whether they take the greedy route or the ethical route. Just depends on your conscience I guess.

I hold my hands up...what I've been doing is wrong. And yes I did buy the Brisa Gel off ebay. I bought this before I knew anything about this site. I will not be doing any more nails until I started my training with EN.

I will not be doing any more nails until I started my training with EN.
Well done for seeing the light :D

You will be shocked to see how much more there is to being a nail technician, if you love nails then you'll love training properly to be the best nail technician that you can possibly be :D

I fully intend to complete my training as soon as a find a school that accepts financial aid...and that has a nail instructor (don't ask, long story :rolleyes: ) or as soon as my disability comes through and I can pay out of pocket in one big swoosh!! I don't have any clients and when I practice, I practice on myself or a willing friend...

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!! :lol: :lol:

I hold my hands up...what I've been doing is wrong. And yes I did buy the Brisa Gel off ebay. I bought this before I knew anything about this site. I will not be doing any more nails until I started my training with EN.
EN training is a beginning and I am glad to hear that you are going to take some training. However, many people who train with EN, find they need to go on to take more on hands training with another more well know company as the EN training does not have a tutor to show you what you are doing wrong and to help show you how to correct this. There is a lot to be said for having a tutor on hand (excuse the pun) when training, it makes a huge difference to how quickly you progress. Also the EN L&p and Gel application courses do NOT show you how to do French enhancements, and as far as I know they do not cover rebalancing either in their application courses, you need to take their rebalancing and nail art courses to learn both of them .... so if you add the cost of those 3 courses up, plus the cost of extra nails etc that you will need to buy during the course, all in all it actually works out DEARER to train with EN than taking a full foundation course with CND or similar company. Some Salons will NOT take an EN training certificate as professionally acceptable training, due to the fact that you have never had any of the training with a tutor. If you do take the EN course this really does not give you the go ahead to buy Brisa etc from CND either, as you are supposed to do either their foundation course or a convertion/induction coures in Brisa Gel to be able to buy it from them. However an EN course is definitely better than no training at all.
Buying professional nail products from E-bay is very dodgy as you just never know what is in those jars of what is supposed to be CND Brisa....it could be a very inferior product that is a complete fake.:eek:
If you havent already paid for your EN course then I do hope that you will reconsider taking a foundation course with a company that is a leader in the nail industry instead....as it will save you money in the long run.

Hi All

This is my first post, I really want to train as a nail tech and have invested in a few courses with Denise wright, I am practicing my backside off. However, I am quickly running out of money and can only cover costs when I am practicing on freinds and family. I desperately want to gain an NVQ level 3, I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that take on trainee techs and develop them to a standard that is good enough to make this my career (and do it really well). I have all the effort and enthusiasm to work and make this my life but money is my only restriction.

Help me!!

Thanks

Hi All

This is my first post, I really want to train as a nail tech and have invested in a few courses with Denise wright, I am practicing my backside off. However, I am quickly running out of money and can only cover costs when I am practicing on freinds and family. I desperately want to gain an NVQ level 3, I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that take on trainee techs and develop them to a standard that is good enough to make this my career (and do it really well). I have all the effort and enthusiasm to work and make this my life but money is my only restriction.

Help me!!

Thanks

You need to remember that the NVQ is only the MINIMUM education required to do nails ... it does not make you an expert. Only on going training with a committed company will do that for you. Plenty of Creative Nail Academies offer the NVQ along with the Creative training. Why not ring and find out more? 0113 275 0433

Thanks very much, I will give them a call. But just so I know what I am talking about, can you confirm there are still courses I would need to pay for?

Thanks very much, I will give them a call. But just so I know what I am talking about, can you confirm there are still courses I would need to pay for?

Yes ... all courses need to be paid for.

Latest posts

Back