How has Salon Geek touched you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
and I dont mean in a Shades of grey kind of way LOL.

We will be 10 years old next year - OMG how time flies!

This was a post by the fabulous Fiona Wallace on Facebook so we thought we would bring it here.

You know I was just thinking.....how many people might not have touched or enriched our lives had it not been for Salongeek!

I have to say I wishi had started using salon geek years ago ! I have been working as a therapist on my own for around 11 years and thought I new it all ! I have learnt so many new things, especially about employment and advertising etc etc
It's so nice to be able to bounce ideas off others, also to give newbies advice and take advice from others.
I think it fab ! Xx:p

I'm still a newbie and have learnt so much already I'm so happy i have found such a great forum do early on in my training :D x

I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without this amazing site!

I discovered it in 2008 and I have learned something new from it every single day - it has made such a difference to my nail career and I am so very grateful to Samuel Sweet, all of the moderators and those who have selflessly given up their time to reply to threads and posts.

I've met some really lovely people through Salon Geek, who have changed my life!

What more can I say?

I love you Salon Geek :Love:

I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without this amazing site!

I discovered it in 2008 and I have learned something new from it every single day - it has made such a difference to my nail career and I am so very grateful to Samuel Sweet, all of the moderators and those who have selflessly given up their time to reply to threads and posts.

I've met some really lovely people through Salon Geek, who have changed my life!

What more can I say?

I love you Salon Geek :Love:

I was about to post pretty much the same word for word!!

This place is amazing, so happy and lucky to have found it. I have learnt more from here than I did in any training I received. It's just the best resource ever and I am so grateful to everyone who has helped me over this past year and am also thankful to those who have become friends along the way, they brighten up my day so often with a compliment or something funny to say. Love it "here" :Love:

I came here from design industry message boards and even some gaming forums where the approach was extreme one-up-manship where everything turned into an argument.

It was therefore easy to assume everyone on the web was like that- so I was actually taken aback when I found a place where people genuinely wanted to help and share ideas rather than hoarding them and patronising people.

I've met some really really nice people and it's reaffirmed that there are some really bright, driven people in this industry.

First came here to get some ideas for our salon and ended up becoming everyones pet designer :) So, Salon Geek has been great for me, and I hope I've contributed as well in some way.

I love this site, I don't get out often due to having ME so to have lovely geeks here to chat too and help with advice is great for me x x
I have had better help on here then the company i trained and paid alot of money with xx

Last edited:
I've been on SG pretty much from the beginning (can it really be a whole decade?) and I have learned so much over the years.

Professionally - the shared advice and ideas from every level of our industry has helped me in my career and my business no end and I hope I have been able to return the favour at times:wink2:

Personally - much laughter and sharing of stories, caring about one another and I've even enjoyed watching how the odd argument panned out :biggrin:

People - that's what started me thinking yesterday - driving home from a weekend with friends and colleagues and I realised how many of them had come into my life initially through SG and I might never have met them had it not been for this site. It's the people in our lives we should be grateful for and I am very privileged to have met some incredible human beings on here.

As a professional site, SG rocks, but there is so much more going on here on another level altogether:Love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love salon geek! I have learnt so many things since I started coming on here and I still feel like I learn something new every single day! We are very lucky to have some of the best in our industry giving out free advice and support ❤❤❤

On the other hand I have no social life as I am permanently glued to my phone on the SG app 😊 hubby is getting a bit fed up but my geeks come first 😝

I for one certainly wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for good old Salon Geek. I had never heard of CND until I joined this site back in 2007, and once I did and started using the products in 2008 that was it I was hooked. The Event I started it all off for me and I haven't looked back since.I have met some amazing inspiring people here who I have met in person and some still yet to meet.I am inspired everyday and love to be able to give back to the site that gave me so much in my career.Jen xx

I am new to this forum but i would like to say that this forum is good in evry aspect we can get knwledge abt new fashion that i can apply to my salon. i hope salon geek works the same way as it is doing new

It's my life, couldn't live with out it! I check everyday if I can to help ppl or to get help!

Lots of lovely people who are willing to help! Bless u salon geek!

i love salon geek and wonder what i did without it!! i not only like to get and give advice but just to talk to people. i log on every day inbetween clients. I work from home and im my sons full time carer so dont get out much. i wish i found this site sooner........xxx

I think salon geek is a wonderful forum. Its genuinely great on a feedback platform of what you're thinking to air out concerns, worries, training, step by steps, new products being launched, to aiding us in our trade. SK has most cetainly asertained that im on the right roads and reaffrimed my confidence. overall good vibes xoxo

I love this site, I don't get out often due to having ME so to have lovely geeks here to chat too and help with advice is great for me x x
I have had better help on here then the company i trained and paid alot of money with xx

Oh, I didn't know. I have FMS/CFS/ME as well but finally overcoming it I think. Big gentle hugs to you

PS... My name is Nikki and I am an SG. LOL

i also have fms cfs and hms and am in a good place with it all at minute must be all the reiki :) i have only just discovered salon geek and have found it so helpful and friendly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Although I don't post that much myself, this site and the people on it are partly responsible for where my business is today! I couldn't have done without it and fortunately for I me found it when I first started my training in 2007. I spent hours reading the articles and tutorials, trawling through old posts and asking questions when needed. It's given me confidence and courage when I've doubted myself, I've kept up to date with latest products and techniques and I've had access to information and help from some of our industry leaders and experts! Amazing!!:D And thank you very much too!

What a lovely, positive blog, which epitomises the very best of SG.

I have to say that, as well as learning so much, by reading and researching, and having experienced and patient geeks to help me out on work-based queries, there has been another unexpected bonus.

I have been surprised and warmed by discovering that friends I have "met" online have become very close to me. TBH I would have scoffed at the concept prior to joining, but I think SG gives a new dimension to friendship.

Long live SG.
Many thanks to all of you who work so hard behind the scenes to keep it functioning,and growing, so well.

Without SG I wouldn't be a nail tech - simple!

I first found SG when I was at college doing beauty therapy in 2006, I would stick to the 'skin' forum mainly but every now and again would venture onto 'nails'. I loved looking at peoples work and then started reading the threads in detail and decided I would like to do it too :) I trained with CND and the rest is history as they say!

With everything I've done since qualifying though it has been SG which has kept me up to date with new products and techniques within the industry and has aslways made me strive to achieve the highest standards in everything that I do.

I've met several geeks, some of whom have had a big impact on my work in a positive way :)

Thank you GMG Sam for bringing us SG and also to all the geekers who make this such an amazing community :hug:

I think this forum is initially quite scary but when you start posting, you realise that everyone is in the same boat or started out in the same boat.

I say scary, as we all know, some people can be quite abrupt and some quite rude (mainly trolls which you get with any forums), and the abrupt ones you realise are the experienced ones who just tell it as it is. The great thing is, if you ask to be judged, they will judge, if you choose to take it positively it can help you become better, but you can also just submit your work for fun and know this may lead to someone else being inspired or your work is inspired by something you have seen on here. You can learn alot and allay any fears or doubts you may be having. This is not always available in the real world as you may be working on your own or may not want to discuss things with people you work with for fear of seeming a bit thick. Again it must be mentioned that it keeps you up to speed with latest things and peoples experiences with products, as well as meeting like minded people in your area or further afield. SG also has the added extra of chit chat that allows people to unload their thoughts as in a 'rant' or ask advice for more personal matters.

Latest posts

Back