How Important Is pink & white?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
sorry for the title but i couldnt think of what to call the thread.
anyway i was wondering how important you nail techs think it is for us techs to be able to do pink and whites and do you think it matters what system we are able to do them in?
and do you think that if some one hasnt managed to be able to do them does this make them any less skilled as a nail tech?
im asking this because i was originally taught in l&p and yet i struggle more with this system than i do gel to be able to do a good set of pink and whites.i find doing my whites easier with gel so i have done my whites with gel and then the rest with l&p.
do you think that this is acceptable or do you think that i should be able to do a good set of pink and whites with l&p?
thanks for any replies.xx

I would definitely get some training in so that you can do the whites with l&p. I had problems with doing the whites with gel and once I did a skills day I was amazed at how quickly I picked it up again. :hug:

yes i definately want to do another course to help me in this.i was just curious with what you other techs thought.
thanks for your reply.xx

I just think its ashame to have a gap in your skills that can chip away at your confidence. If you keep practicing at it and have a skills update you will soon get the hang of it. :hug:

sorry for the title but i couldnt think of what to call the thread.
anyway i was wondering how important you nail techs think it is for us techs to be able to do pink and whites and do you think it matters what system we are able to do them in?
and do you think that if some one hasnt managed to be able to do them does this make them any less skilled as a nail tech?
im asking this because i was originally taught in l&p and yet i struggle more with this system than i do gel to be able to do a good set of pink and whites.i find doing my whites easier with gel so i have done my whites with gel and then the rest with l&p.
do you think that this is acceptable or do you think that i should be able to do a good set of pink and whites with l&p?
thanks for any replies.xx
hi tracey - i think that we all have to master p/w in our chosen system - then to be proficient in others i think is optional. depends on what YOU want.(obviously according to your business needs clientele etc.)
i think it kind of ties in with the thread about what education/skills/updates you need to be a good tech - you can spend all your earnings and spare time updating but the majority of clients probably want natural or pink/white .there is certainly more requests for critiques on that and queries than anything else.
i only do l/p at the mo - contemplating gel - and that suits me and my handful of regulars.
perhaps we could meet up one day pm me
tracy

Practice practice practice, no getting away from it, its the only way you can get any better ! practice on anyone and everyone, or on a load of old tips. You'l get there in the end, one day it will just 'click' :wink2:

yep sorry but i think its very important to be able to do it
hth xxx

Well, I'm not so sure!! Surprised?? the fact is she is doing it .. just in a different way.

You can use your gel ... as long as you deliver a safe solution that satisfies your clients and it lasts and you can rebalance it, then is it so important that she be able to do it with L&P??

My own personal pride would make me want to master the techniques in every system but if you are coping in the meantime doing it your way then you can practise L&P in your own time and still give the clients what they want.

Well, I'm not so sure!! Surprised?? the fact is she is doing it .. just in a different way.

You can use your gel ... as long as you deliver a safe solution that satisfies your clients and it lasts and you can rebalance it, then is it so important that she be able to do it with L&P??

My own personal pride would make me want to master the techniques in every system but if you are coping in the meantime doing it your way then you can practise L&P in your own time and still give the clients what they want.
thanks gigi,this is exactly what i am doing at the moment.xxx
i am definately going to some training for this as i want to be able to do an amazing set of pink & whites using l&p.i now feel more confident with the nails i am producing so for me this is the next step.
i just wondered if other nail techs would think less of me as a professional doing it in this way.
thanks for all the replies so far.:)

i am definately going to some training for this as i want to be able to do an amazing set of pink & whites using l&p.i now feel more confident with the nails i am producing so for me this is the next step.
i just wondered if other nail techs would think less of me as a professional doing it in this way.

Well I don't and I am a professionalista!! Who cares what others think anyway? Make it a goal and you will get there for YOU ... it is what you think of yourself that is most important.

Well I don't and I am a professionalista!! Who cares what others think anyway? Make it a goal and you will get there for YOU ... it is what you think of yourself that is most important.
thankyou gigi.:hug:
this is something i definately want to master as i would love to be able to do it.so i will get some one to one training as i need to be refreshed again.then hopefully with practise i will get there.xxx

I think the reason some people feel you need to do it "properly" is because we are taught a certain way, so to deviate from this at first seems alien to us all.

I have a client who loves gel, but also loves all the L&P colours i have, so i always do the tips in L&P, then i do the rest of her nail with gel as normal.

Her nails look great, i never have any problems, plus it means i don't have to buy loads of coloured gels and have to spend more money.

I don't see a problem in what you are doing at all. Keep doing it.

i too have a client who has glitter sculpts then a gel nail plate , as she thinks its stronger?who am i to argue with her as it works for her
but i think if you can do it all eventually you will be able to offer all sorts to the clients who demand!! lol

Hello

I know what you mean about worrying that you're less of a professional - I do gels and my tutor always preferred me to use a white sculpting gel rather than a paint on. I didn't really enjoy using the sculptor and it would take me ages to get it just right as I spent ages faffing around with it. I felt like I was taking the easy option using the paint on and worried that I should be able to use (and therefore should always use) the sculptor. But I now realise that people have different ways of doing things and what works for 1 person isn't necessarily right for the next, but it doesn't mean that one of those methods is wrong. You have to find what works best for you and if that means using gel for the white part and l & p for the rest, then so be it. I wouldn't worry yourself about it xx :lol:

Latest posts

Back