How is MINX still being sold on ebay, I thought it got stopped?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
As above!x

And shellac!

Last edited by a moderator:
And everything and every make of everything! What can't you find on fleabay? As soon as one person is stopped .. another one takes over. Drives us all mad.

Its crazy and pis*es me right off!!! Dont the companies that try to aim just to professionals such as minx and shellac have a leg to stand on? Having to send off certificates to even be able to order means that its one of us thats doing it! Or am I wrong...glad the prices are no cheaper than s2....unbelieveable!

I HATE fleabay!!!! :irked:

Out of curiosoty I've just had a look and I'm shocked at what I saw!!

Fake bottles of Shellac... described as Bluesky shellac soak off Gel polish :eek:

DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY... you've no idea what you're getting!! :eek:

Its probably professionals that are selling it :-( buying it off Sweet Squarded and then selling it on ebay. I'm only guessing that what coudl be happening. Would people really do all that I wonder, just to make a few quid xx

It does drive you mad doesn't it. I accidently (don't ask!) bought two bottles of rock royalty. I wouldn't dream of selling one on ebay - i'm going to start wearing it on my nails as of next week so everyone chooses it and I use one bottle up quickly!

Its proberly professtionals thats selling it :-( buying it off sweet squarded and selling it on ebay im only guessing that wat cud be happening wud people realy do all that i wonder just to make a few quid xx

I would not dignify them by calling them professionals! :irked:
I think parasites suit them better.

For those who want to know ... fleabay give one no help at all. Unless the police bring a criminal action against these people you cannot find out anything about who's selling. Ive always said fleaabay is the biggest fencing operation in the world. those who let it go on are no better than the crooks themselves.

I think it should be banned all together x

Me too! Just BAN the site, I know some people use it for business, fair enough but I think it under cuts every single business, clothes shops, jewllery, art, US! U name it! Not that us having a moan will ever change things tho will it!

i second all of the above, i went on just out of curiosity to see if any techs were selling the new minx lamp, (pre-approval for S2 account i add).. was quite disturbed to see the lamps were at least DOUBLE the price of what S2 sells at !!!,from non techs/proffesionals..

have already lost 1 gel enhancement client to the lure of fleabay, with cheap gel and lamp miffed me right off.. but hey damaged nails i will not repair.. lol..on their own head be it...

anyway on a lighter and brighter note i was actually sent an email as i have also registered with Ellisons a while ago and now they require proof of quals certs and in cases public liability for any purchase of minx or CND related products. and for the CND L&P and gels a CND cert.. go Ellisons...

Sadly even though professional brands do all tghey can to protect their product and support their techs, there will always be fleabay and other sites like it to sell to anyone..

Sarah x

I totally agree that these products should not be sold on that site - and with some of the CND products the prices they sell at would mean they get such little profit.

I must admit we have a shop on that site (selling body jewellery) and its our main business. We would love it be our own website, but it works out that our own website generates around 10% of our sales with the 'other' site producing the other 90%. Wish it was the other way round!

I totally agree that these products should not be sold on that site - and with some of the CND products the prices they sell at would mean they get such little profit.

I must admit we have a shop on that site (selling body jewellery) and its our main business. We would love it be our own website, but it works out that our own website generates around 10% of our sales with the 'other' site producing the other 90%. Wish it was the other way round!

Yea I can see it from your point of view but I think its the 'branded' names that there is a problem with, I think is fab to sell things that are used, second hand or like what you do, as long as its not a brand and advertising as a brand and ripping people like us off! I do check for the odd pair of Louboutins mind!

I think there should be more checks, I like the idea of proving you are insured, I think thats a good idea.

I agree Lucie, that is the downside. I know that with fakes, once they realise what is happening, that seller is pretty much closed down. But CND products being sold is different. I guess CND need to identify who these people are, but cant find that information out easily.

which would YOU rather we spent our time on?
TRying to track down dodgy ebay sellers, or focusing on our customers and doing the best for YOU?

Hi Geeks,

Yes, this is a big issue as there are unqualified people going to Ebay to get the kit for DIY shellac, Minx etc. With the help of the internet they can easily find out how to apply these products. The word is definately spreading amongst consumers that they can do this. Many people are buying used kits or buying off someone who probably buys in bulk. So to say all the items on Ebay are fakes are probably not an entirely accurate statement. It is the Qualified nail techs that this hurts the most as we are losing existing clients who don't want to pay the price of a professional service along with potential clients as a result.

A beautician collegue of mine was trying to sell her used genuine EVE TAYLOR kit on ebay (Naughty, yes!) awhile back and she told me within hours her listing was pulled. Apparently they told her, as she was not a official distributor of Eve Taylor products and was not authorised to sell Eve Taylor products either used or unused on Ebay. As I also use Eve Taylor, this was of personal interest to me and I created a search link where I would be informed via email if any Eve Taylor products became available on Ebay. There has been nothing to date! So my point is if some companies seem to be able to stop this, why can't all??????

which would YOU rather we spent our time on?
TRying to track down dodgy ebay sellers, or focusing on our customers and doing the best for YOU?

Sorry Geeg I did not mean you should be necessarily spend time on it, just that would be the only way to do it and that would be hard. Sorry I was not clear with what I wrote xx

if you are all so bothered about this why dont you all pick one listing per day & report a seller selling either minx or shellac, there is enough of us to stop it, if it really matters to you prove it. :)

Can I just say I LOVE EBay. Not for knock off Shellac and Minx, wouldn't dream of buying them, and the amount of fake MAC, etc really annoys me as people with less knowledge are blatantly getting conned, and I would NEVER sell professional products. But, they have a lot of legitimate sellers too who are making an honest business. To say we should ban eBay is a little unfair as fake Shellac and Minx is only a very small part of what the site sells.

The reason is the companies don't care if it's been sold as long as their sales are up. Eve Taylor are so professional, they have the authority to pull anything advertised as Eve Taylor on ebay down. It's probably arduous process to set something like that up I'm sure but it didnt stop them from going to the bother of it and keeping the brand 'professional'. Alot of "professional" companies should be ashamed of themselves and what they are doing to the people that made them what they are!

Hi Geeks,

Yes, this is a big issue as there are unqualified people going to Ebay to get the kit for DIY shellac, Minx etc. With the help of the internet they can easily find out how to apply these products. The word is definately spreading amongst consumers that they can do this. Many people are buying used kits or buying off someone who probably buys in bulk. So to say all the items on Ebay are fakes are probably not an entirely accurate statement. It is the Qualified nail techs that this hurts the most as we are losing existing clients who don't want to pay the price of a professional service along with potential clients as a result.

A beautician collegue of mine was trying to sell her used genuine EVE TAYLOR kit on ebay (Naughty, yes!) awhile back and she told me within hours her listing was pulled. Apparently they told her, as she was not a official distributor of Eve Taylor products and was not authorised to sell Eve Taylor products either used or unused on Ebay. As I also use Eve Taylor, this was of personal interest to me and I created a search link where I would be informed via email if any Eve Taylor products became available on Ebay. There has been nothing to date! So my point is if some companies seem to be able to stop this, why can't all??????

Latest posts

Back