How long did it take you to fall pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beauty_queen*

Reaction score
Was just wondering how long it took for you to fall? And did any of you get abit down when you got a neg and thought it would be the month for you? X

Me and hubby have been trying to concieve for past 14months :( x

Never had issues getting pregnant. My issue was keeping the pregnancy :(
5 lost pregnancies, 3 kids and I was finished having kids in my 30th. All my loses were in my early 20s

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

immediately the first time and immediately the second time. I was incredibly fertile. Hopefully not any more, but I'm not taking any chances. :eek:

I think it varies with everyone. I stopped my pill a few weeks ago and wondering how long it will take. I've been tempted to buy some pregnancy tests to keep in the cupboard but then I know I'll be peeing on them all the time!!

We took over a year. I know its horrible every month when U get ur period. After a year we both got tested by dr and we were both fine (in fact my hubbie had super sperm! Lol!) we were referred to fertility clinic but thankfully didn't need to go. My baby is 8 weeks old and we have just started trying again :) yes I know I'm insane! Lol! I'm 37 though so feel I just have to go for it!

6 months when I was 23 and 3 months when I was 32- funnily enough my son was born on the 7th May and my little bubs is due this year on the 4th of May. We've never actually set about trying per se, it was more of a case of if it happens it happens. I've not been on birth control for over ten years.

There were months where I thought I was pregnant and wasn't and it did make me feel a bit down though, so I can only imagine how upsetting it must be for couples trying with no joy. I know I'm extremely lucky to fall pregnant when I have and I'm truly grateful for that. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Took me 24 months the first time, 12months the second time but I miscarried. Then 4 months x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

First time I conceived without trying I was on the pill! Second time 18months in we still hadn't fallen pregnant although I was sure every month I was, tested and got upset when I wasn't!!
We were referred to a fertility clinic and conceived naturally on the day of our first consultation!! Bazaar!!

You will get there! Xx

We have been trying for 6years with no luck :( But I have got PCOS which is causing all the problems.
I do get very down about it at times but life goes on I suppose - we have had lots of lovely holidays whilst trying!
Hope it happens for you soon.
V x

When we started it took no time 1st month but I had a miscarriage. I fell again after about 18 months and miscarried again. Hard bit! However, 2 months later I was pregnant. our boy is now 19 months. I'm now 39. I wish I had taken the trying period easier on myself.
Best of luck to all of you who are trying. It can have low and lonely moments if it takes long but as a good friend of mine once said "that's life". If any of you need someone to talk please I'm around.
Kisses

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

It does get me down a lot and it's stressing me out at the minute. We're getting referred so hopefully it will happen naturally very soon x

We've been trying for over 2 years now. No children yet. I used to be a bit obsessive about it, but not so much anymore. Got my first tests on Friday to see if there's any problems.. Fingers crossed!

Sending baby dust to those of you trying to conceive!x

Good luck to you all too 😘 It's starting to take over my life we haven't been trying that long really so I need to stop thinking about it and just enjoy...spending time with my partner shall I say 🙈 it's just hard every month isn't it.. Waiting to see if your period comes or not and every month I think oh my boobs are sore this is it!! And still no pos😔 but hey like you say that's life! Lots of love to you all and luck to those who are also trying xXxXx

Amazing isn't it how it varies from person to person. I gather if you're hoping to get pregnant you should be having sex 3x a week.
I think it's easier said than done but best to relax and go with the flow but I know myself if it starts to take months I'll get caught up on it and start monitoring things.

Me and my husband tried for around 10 months I did get really down it's going to sound strange but in the July we got two kittens they were then my babies took my mind off getting pregnant a little by the September I was pregnant !!!!

A year with my 1st, 2 months with my second, then a year again but miscarried in july last year and felt preg again in nov xx

immediately the first time and immediately the second time. I was incredibly fertile. Hopefully not any more, but I'm not taking any chances. :eek:

Like you I got pregnant very fast, first one was a son, then 3 months later pregnant again, miscarried and was advised to wait 3 months before trying again, then immediately pregnant again, lost this one too, advised again to wait 3 months, which we did and then immediately got pregnant again and had a lovely daughter.

Had a very traumatic birth and took no chances to ever fall pregnant again!

Last year, I did the Lighterlife diet and lost quite a bit of weight. What I didn't reckon with though, is that I started to ovulate again after having no periods for over 8 years. When I asked about this, I was told that many of their members that had been on the diet had fallen pregnant. So whether this high protein diet has any effect of fertility, it would be interesting to know.
I have also heard that reflexology can help.

I have been trying for 20 cycles now.....I agree girls i cry every month when i come on......I have been told by my doctor though to lose weight as my bmi is 31 and over 30 can effect fertility!

I want it it be about 28 so need to shift about 2-3 stone...I have started the cambridge diet so hopefully high protein will help

I fell pregnant the first time we tried for my daughter then when she was 6 months we started trying again & nothing happened for 3 years!! I am over weight & joined a gym to get into my wedding dress & cut out rubbish food & lost 2 st in 8 weeks. We were married 10days when I found out I was 5 wweks pregnant!! I maintain that it waa loosing the weight that helped me fall xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back